Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Infestations and Visitations




- April 17, 2012, Tuesday.

- I decided to bring my camera today, just in case some of the butterflies would come out from the cocoons I saw last week in school. To my surprise, the number of cocoons were ten times as much as before, and more caterpillars were eager to make their own cocoons as well.

- I wasn't able to catch a newly-"hatched" butterfly, wet wings and all, but I was able to see some butterflies that had just come out of their cocoons, with wings almost dry, if not dry, and resting gently on their now-empty cocoons. I was even able to take a picture of a butterfly, still resting on the leaves of a small plant, waiting for the right time to spread its wings and fly like the rest of the yellow-green butterflies that resembled fluttering summer leaves.

- On a really unrelated situation, my college blockmate Gershom decided to visit me at work, since he needed to pass by another department to look for a professor. Since my cubicle was being cleaned to perfection by the maintenance, even making me evacuate as they cleaned, I couldn't use my computer and couldn't work, so I agreed to accompany Gershom to the cafeteria. We talked for a while until it was time for me to go home, and for him to search for the professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment