Friday, December 20, 2013

The Second University Christmas Celebration: UST Paskuhan 2013

- December 20, 2013, Friday.

- Two days after my leg-killer UP Diliman lantern parade, my UST alumna friend Nathalie invited us high school friends to celebrate the University of Santo Tomas' annual university-wide Christmas celebration: the "Paskuhan."

- I was initially reluctant to go because I sort of wanted to rest today, and short but heavy downpours kept shooting Manila in the late afternoon. I'm also not a fan of really crowded places like this event. Still, Nathalie, Bless, and I, still decided to go anyway.

- We first ate dinner at Adobo Connection, and went inside UP to stroll around the campus and take some photos. I saw some other friends too, which made me a bit more "at home" in a university that I was never part of.

Dinner.


Main building, not the church.
- We stayed in one spot to see the opening ceremonies, and saw roughly-centimeter-tall Jeric and Jeron Teng, the currently-famous basketball-player brothers. Of course, Jeron comes from De La Salle University, but I think those two are two peas in a pod, and are only separated during the UAAP basketball tournament.


Big lights will inspire you.
"Tourists"






Christmas tree.
Teeny tiny Jeron and Jeric Teng.

- When it got too crowded, and I started feeling some uneasiness in my chest, I asked Nathalie to recommend a nice place to sit and air myself - preferably a place with something cold to drink. Not long after, we ended up in Cha Dao to drink some milk tea, cool off, and just hang out and talk. Bless and I went home around 10:15, and Nathalie stayed behind. The Paskuhan was a nice and lively event, but it may not be the best event for me because of the big crowd. Still, I finally got to see this annual event everyone always mentions during this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment