Saturday, March 22, 2008

Choti Bharat Yaatra 2 (Little India Journey 2)- With Me, Myself And I...





So when I went home from my last journey with Tina, I told my mom about every bit of the journey, of course including the rose milk. My mom was baffled by the idea of making a rose-flavored milk....a rose-flavored dairy product....or anything rose-flavored food/drink. Then, I decided to go to Little India again last March 18 to buy rose milk for my mom....It's also a chance to get a picture of the rose milk since Tina and I weren't allowed to photograph anything in Mr. Rosemilk Man's store.

It was TERRIBLY TERRIBLY HOT that day....but it didn't matter. I wasn't gonna stay long anyway. So I went back to Mr. Rosemilk Man's store....He wasn't there....only the Filipino employees were there....It didn't matter anyway; I continued to shop. Aside from barging in their refrigerator to get 4 bottles of Rose Milk, a bottle of Cardamom Milk and a bottle of Saffron Milk (I bought 1 of each, besides the rosemilk, because I wasn't sure if saffron and cardamom milk would taste good, so better safe than sorry), I decided to buy a pack of Maggi Instant Noodles. INDIAN Maggi Instant Noodles. Yes you heard me right. INDIAN. Maggi is an exaggeratedly famous brand in India. Everything is Maggi to them: Maggi soup, Maggi seasoning, Maggi Noodles, Maggi everything. Maggi products in the Philippines have nothing to say about Maggi products in India. India is the threshold of Maggi products I guess. I wonder if Hindus have a Maggi-god. They would call him Maggindra. His consort is Maggini. Both of them will have a son named Maggimalayagajendrannathsaddhusattinipayyillavukuttanam. I have no idea how to pronounce his name.

After getting my Malaysian-produced-curry-flavored-Indian-Maggi and my 6 bottles of milk, I went home. It cost me 205 pesos....haha....30 x 6bottles = 180 for the milk, plus 25 pesos for the Maggi. 205 Pesos. Yay.

I immediately shoved the rose milk bottle to my mom when she arrived. She drank it while eating Krispy Kreme for snack. As my mom tasted the rose milk, she said "Anu ba yan?? (giggle giggle) LASANG BULEKLEK!!!! (the pronunciation "buleklek" was intentional)". I giggled with her....and stole a Krispy Kreme from the box. Bad me....Haha....

After a day (Wednesday afternoon), I had an Indian snack at home. I had 2 ladoos, a bowl of curry Maggi and saffron milk. The brown-colored saffron milk tasted a like spiced-coffee-milk....which according to my mom, was better than the rose milk. I, on the other hand, was in favor of both flavors....Hehe....Oh yeah, about the Maggi. The Curry Maggi tasted a bit like....noodles dipped in spicy chili soup (take note, HOT and SPICY are DIFFERENT.) It was nice....just like Katong Laksa in a pack....not bad. Hehe....Thank you Maggi God Maggindra, Maggini and your son Maggimalayagajendrannathsaddhusattinipayyillavukuttanam. I still have no idea how to pronouce their son's name.

2 days after, yesterday (Friday), I had a taste of the last kind of milk- the cardamom milk. For a green-colored milk, it was pretty good. My mom said that this was the best of the three. I was in favor of all three....hehe :D:D:D:D

Anyway, here are the pics of the 3 kinds of milk....I'm sorry Maggi, I didn't picture you. Hehe....It's ok, the Maggi packaging is just like the one's in the Philippines....the same yellow plactic packaging and the red and yellow logo. Thank you Maggi gods....Hehe....

**Hindi Terms to take note of:

1.GULAB - rose

2.KESAR - saffron

3.ELAICHI - cardamom

2 comments:

  1. weee i want to try the green one.. the pink one tastes as if may buleklek ako sa mouth hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!!!! Boang, hehe, the cardamom it nice....hehe....una intimidating dahil sa green color niya....parang blinender na veggie....technically veggie siya kasi cardamom IS a kind of veggie, a leafy veggie to be exact. So ayun....hehe....pero ok pala yung lasa niya....hehe :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete