Thursday, April 7, 2011

HOP-ping in Greenhills :) :) :) :)




- April 7, 2011, Thursday.

- I was fortunate enough to have another opportunity to visit Greenhills. I needed to buy summer clothes for my trip in two weeks. Even if I do not need to buy clothes, it's always nice to find fashion inspirations and finds in Greenhills. Because Grace wanted to watch Hop so badly, we opted to go to Greenhills to watch the movie.

- After my interview in UP Diliman this morning (LORD PLEASE LET THEM ACCEPT ME,) I couldn't find a decent jeep back to Katipunan, so I took a cab (one that conveniently parked in front of me) to Greenhills.

- I arrived earlier than our meeting time, so I went around Theater Mall, and shopped for clothes. Grace soon called me up that she, together with Lala, her siblings, and Marnie, just arrived at Promenade. I met them there, went back to Theater Mall, bought tickets for Hop, and had lunch.

- I was surprised that Grace suggested Arya, since I never knew Grace sometimes had exotic tastes in food. Since one of my two new shirts was Indian - but seemed to suit the feel of Arya's distinct Persian ambiance, I opted to wear my new shirt just for lunch. I was also glad that my other friends enjoyed the rather foreign smell/taste of Persian food.

- Before rushing back to Theater Mall, Lala and my friends stopped by at Happy Lemon to buy some fancy tea drinks. I found the place interesting, almost like a tea-version of Starbucks (but not so much for the ambiance.) I got to try their drinks soon; I wasn't able to buy because I was still too full from lunch. Haha. We walked quickly to Theater Mall after buying drinks, and promptly entered the theater.

- I found Hop a really interesting movie - a twist on the usual Easter Bunny story. I found the (fat) yellow chicks cuter than the E.B., the leading bunny of the story. I did find parts of the movie rather corny, but the whole movie was light, fluffy, entertaining, and squishy.

- After the movie, we decided to walk around Theater Mall and go home afterwards. On the way to Grace's car, we came across Crystal Jade, the restaurant famous for its mouth-watering xiaolongbao. Xiaolongbaos are dumplings that have soup inside. How do they do it?? I don't know. I ain't a dimsum master - but I wished I were. Haha.

- We ordered three servings of xiaolongbao of the six of us, and one order of wanton soup for us. The tea wasn't free, unlike most Chinese restaurants, but we just had to add 50 pesos for a bottomless tea pot of jasmine tea. When it comes to the xiaolongbaos, I was surprised that the hot soup inside was heated just right - it doesn't burn people's tongues.

Random: I noticed that one of the managers (??) came from my high school alma mater. I just don't know from which batch she came from, or what her name was. I hope that she's who I think she is though. Hahahaha.

- We later found ourselves in Grace's car. Grace would drop off Marnie and me in the 5th Avenue Station of LRT 1, and after that Grace would drop off Lala and her sisters at their house, which happened to be along Grace's route home. The ride to the LRT station ( at least for Marnie and me) was musically fun. Lala, who sat in front with Grace, was checking out Grace's iPod. Around 90% of the songs played were not finished, since Lalaine would choose another song she found interesting. Haha.

- After Marnie and I got off at the LRT station, we stopped over at the Korean thrift store where I bought my jokki and mageoja set. Although the store was not able to have stocks of second-hand Korean traditional outfits, I was able to buy a nice pencil case with a music-piano design. Love it. Haha.

- Overall, today's trip was light and fluffy just like Hop itself. However, I felt good about the day because I think (and I hope) I "entertained" the panel during my interview, and I was able to hang out with Lala and friends after a long time. I hope that we'd be able to hang out again after we all come back from our Holy Week trips. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment