Monday, July 18, 2011

Adventure Buddies Reunited!!: Greek and Italian Foodventure in Trinoma




- July 18, 2011, Monday.

- Monday is normally everyone's "start of the week." For me, Monday is the second day of my long weekend, for this semester anyway. Still, Mondays (until Wednesdays) aren't really spent like how people would during their weekends. I still study, talk to the books and the walls, and literally stress my brain to death.

- Today was different. I did start the day, however, by holding my modern Asia history book, and started studying, as always. I talked to Tina via Facebook while studying, when she told me that she needed to buy some foundation elsewhere. I asked her if she needed someone to go with, because I would be more than glad to accompany her.

- At first it seemed that she wasn't sure if she was going out or not, but she told me suddenly to meet her at her house around 1pm. I was so happy that I finished one section of the book and prepared myself. I chose to wear my Jollibee shirt, being one of my "happy clothes," since I can't wear that in school, a place where I am far from happy.

- I met Tina around 1:30, and rode the train and a jeep to Trinoma. We first looked for Tina's foundation, and roamed around the mall while she was thinking of which brand to buy. (Saw some former Ateneans while roaming. Tsk tsk tsk tsk.) We first decided to watch a movie, but the showing times were either too early or too late.

- I told Tina that we could eat instead, so we could spend more time together, since it's been a year and four months since we last went out; the time we met in CKSC last November for our yearbook isn't considered an "adventure." I asked Tina if she was up for Greek food, and she agreed.

- Since the day I discovered Cyma, I always wanted to invite Tina to have a meal with me in any branch of Cyma, but didn't have the chance to do so. Tina was also excited to try Greek food, because it's her first time to try "traditional" Greek food. Of course, my surprise for her, as well as everyone else, was the saganaki (sizzling cheese with wine and lemon,) where the cheese flares up when the wine is poured, and all the staff shouts "Opa!!"

- Aside from the saganaki, we had tonnos (tuna) salad, roka pasta, and an order of chicken gyro sliced into two parts. Knowing Cyma's large servings, I ordered everything in "solo" size. Still, all the dishes filled us up in no time - especially the big "single-serving" tonnos salad.

- We walked around the mall the "help the food digest," and finally bought Tina's foundation of choice. We went around the mall some more, and asked Tina if she was interested in specialty gelato. She also agreed, so I brought her to Gelatissimo, which was a few doors away from Cyma.

- We both had fun tasting the gelato flavors for free, but of course we ended up buying our own cups of gelato. We sat down at the far back, since the about-to-set sun was a bit glaring already. Yay for additional bonding.

- We decided to go home around 6pm, and because the sun was about to set too. We kept on telling each other how happy we were to have had another "adventure" after more than a year. Both of us were busy with our final requirements in college months ago, especially Tina and her board exam review sessions after college. Now that Tina passed the board exam, she's a bit free (for now.) Then again, I still hope that we'd be able to have more adventures in the future. After all, Tina was my first ever adventure buddy.

2 comments: