Friday, July 1, 2011

The Reward Day: Grace's 21st!!




- July 1, 2011, Friday.

- My friend Grace was supposed to celebrate her birthday last week, but the heavy storm last week had other plans. Grace wanted to push the celebration this Saturday, tomorrow, but I couldn't make it due to a dinner reunion with other Ateneans who went to Korea with me (together with Sir Sev.) Grace was kind enough to move it to today, and I am glad that the others were able to make it today.

- Today started out with an early piano lesson, and went home after my lesson ended at 8:30. I finished my report around an hour an a half later, and decided to catch up with some sleep. I thought of finishing a reading I was reading yesterday, but won't study "a lot" today, since I wanted to reward myself for "working too much" the past week.

- I woke up around 11am, prepared to have lunch, and went to CKSC again to meet some friends. After their lunch break, I headed to Tutuban to do some canvassing on materials to be used for making bracelets/necklaces.

- Grace and I agreed to meet up in Wai Ying around 2pm, but I ended up going their a bit earlier. I saw Sheena and Neil, and talked to them while I waited for Grace, who later informed me that she'll be a little late; she was finishing some project in school.

- Grace came minutes later, and we ate a rather late lunch. Moments after Sheena and Neil left, Grace and I left too. We rode Grace's car to her house, and hung out the whole afternoon, watching How to Train Your Dragon, and Music Bank.

- We left Grace's house around 7:30, and drove to Lalaine's house, where we met up with Lalaine and Marnie. When Joyce texted that she was in the nearby LRT station already, we fetched her and went to Tempura's Banawe branch.

- We ate A LOT in Tempura, while talking about Korean stuff. Oh the irony. Still we had a lot of fun with the tepanyakis and the tempuras, from the sushis to the soupies. The dinner was quite short though, but at least I was able to see different people today.

- Grace was also kind enough to drive all of us home, which ended my fun and people-filled day. I do hope I'd get to see more people soon, despite my hectic schedule and requirements for grad school. I'm really tired now, even if school is just on its third week. I weep.


**Outfit: A lot of people noted that I looked different today because of my choice of outfit. Knowing that we'd be eating in a Japanese restaurant, I thought of attempting to pull off a "modern Japanese" look, by splashing colors here and there, as well as some rather "serious" elements, like my keychain-converted necklace, and my vest. The "I O Tokyo" shirt was also a bit obvious to the "Japanese" theme. Still, I ended up looking like a Japanese hipster rocker whatever. Haha. Grace wondered why I didn't weat my jinbei though. Haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment