Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gift Hunt: Wedding Edition 2011




- November 6, 2011, Sunday.

- My friend Jenesa texted me yesterday that she and our friend Simon would be going to RP to buy a gift for our bride-to-be-friend, Pei Mei. Since I was going to share the gift's cost with Jenesa and Simon, plus two other friends, I decided to go with them. It's also an excuse to go out again, and do some important errands.

- I met Jenesa today at Starbucks Binondo at around 12:30, and waited for Simon to arrive. The three of us rode a jeep to RP, got off at the wrong street, seemed to have gotten lost, found our way, and arrived at the mall at around 1pm.

- Starting our search in the department's store's appliances area, we deviated from our original plan of buying fancy kitchenware to something else. I won't mention the present, just in case Pei Mei reads this (although I'm 99.99% sure that she won't,) but I'll just reveal the gift during the wedding blog next week.

- We were able to find a suitable and an awesome gift in less than 30 minutes (the price was "awesome" too, but yay for people sharing the cost.) Being way ahead of schedule, we decided to eat, since Simon hadn't eaten a lot for lunch.

- We chose to eat at Jack's Loft, since all our cravings can be conveniently located there: burgers, onion rings, desserts. We spent the next almost-40-minutes chatting around and finishing our food - Jenesa had a hard time finishing her good-for-two salad. We later had dessert - a heavenly warm chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream for me, a moist and rich cheesecake slice for Jenesa, and a good-old sugar-dusted waffle.

- The next agenda on our to-do list was to find Jenesa a dress and matching accessories for the wedding. I felt flattered that Jenesa trusted my fashion and color instincts. We were able to find the dress and accessories quickly, that we had more time to just go around the mall and chill.

- I spotted the Gong Cha stall at the Midtown Wing, and I told them that I wanted to try Gong Cha's milk tea. Simon also seemed interested, so we all went there, and sat near the well-lit railings. Since Jenesa didn't buy a drink, she told us that she'll be headed to one of the wellness centers there to have her eyebrows plucked (??.)

- Simon and I had a great time catching up; I haven't spoken to him (a lot) since grad school I think. He didn't change a bit, even after I saw him "grow up" during high school. We also laughed about how people would usually spell Simon's name wrong, which I think is weird since "Simon" is a pretty usual name. Most of the time, his named would be spelled as "Symon."

- Jenesa came back just after we finished our drinks, and did some more Jenesa-errands, and picked up our beautifully, and neatly-wrapped present. We rode a taxi home, and surprisingly, I am not as tired as I expected. I'm currently excited, nervous, and hyper for this coming Saturday's; this Saturday's the real deal- our friend Pei Mei will be wearing the long white gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment