Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Saturdays Back: Someone Has Returned, And A Slow Starbucks Afternoon.




- November 19, 2011, Saturday.

- Things have been a bit strange lately, since I just (successfully) finished my first week at work. I'm not sure why I feel strange being inside Ateneo again, probably because I am now a research assistant instead of a student. I am glad that my boss allowed me to have my Saturdays off (given that I add an extra for hours during my 40-hour week.)

- I celebrated my first Saturday by attending my piano lesson, and afterwards, a comeback at my beloved MASCKS. They had a dance workshop, and the new adviser, Ms. Nica Isip, was able to invite two dancers to hold the dance workshop.

- I didn't join the workshop, since I was busy documenting the whole workshop, and meeting with Cleo for the play's plot and development. I also had a good time meeting up, and getting to know new members of the club. I was surprised that some of them knew me, despite being the first time meeting me. MASCKS alumnus Charles also passed by, since he attended an orientation at the nearby Little Theater before he passed by. We were glad he stayed to join us, even for a few minutes.

- After the meeting, some of us had lunch at McDonald's and discussed, and finalized the play's plot. We finally came up with a nice play after two-hours of lunch. I do hope I can help out more in MASCKS this semester.

- I went back to CKSC soon after, and hung out at the Music Room for around an hour, while waiting for my friend Jessica. I saw Clark and etc. at the Music Room, and just chilled.

- I met Jessica in front of Ersao at around 3pm, and walked all the way to Starbucks. I was glad that she wasn't busy today, and agreed to hang out with me. She wanted us to spend the afternoon at Starbucks, since she was collecting stickers for a Starbucks planner.

- After a week of being in Starbucks (was there last Saturday after Pei Mei's wedding,) Starbucks still hasn't fixed its air conditioning system. Jessica and I were still fanning ourselves with Jessica's handy fan, and at least our drinks were cold too.

- We stayed at Starbucks until 5:10, and walked back to Ersao, where we parted ways. I went to CKSC again for a while, stayed there for around half an hour, talked with some people, and went home. I do hope to make my succeeding Saturdays more interesting, as a way to air myself from the things I do at work. :) :) :) :)

1 comment: