Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The "Where Is Everyone" Neighborly Bonding: Karaoke The Afternoon Away




- August 10, 2011, Wednesday.

- As my almost-two-week off vacation is about to come to an end, I decided to chill, rest, and hang out with friends. I initially planned to hang out with Riezeryl the whole day, together with my current neighbor Dianne. I initially thought of inviting Riezeryl to eat at a Thai restaurant for lunch, and meet up with Dianne in the afternoon after Dianne's classes. However, Dianne and I later decided to be more laid back, and just planned on having a karaoke session at Dianne's house. Riezeryl told us that she'd be arriving a bit late (around 3pm), because she suddenly needed to go to school to have a meeting with her thesis groupmates.

- I arrived at Dianne's house around 2:30, and waited a bit for Riezeryl. Dianne told me that the other Dianne, Dianne Krupasa, was also supposed to come. Dianne and I killed time by watching an episode of Glee on Jack TV, and watched David Archuleta's music video + karaoke DVD, the one included in the Asian repackaged "Other Side of Down" album we bought during the meet and greet at SM San Lazaro. Dianne Krupasa later texted that she wouldn't be able to come after all, since she needed to wait for something important at her house.

- It was already around 3 something, and Riezeryl had not arrived yet. Dianne and I decided to start singing like crazy, since we couldn't do anything else. We each took turns rocking the Magic Sing, while texting Riezeryl in between songs. We realized that Riezeryl might not be able to come after all, since her meeting in school was prolonged. If ever, she'd be able to arrive around 8pm.

- Knowing that singing was the only way to go, even if it were just the two of us, we rocked the whole den with mostly "retro" songs from the 80s and 90s (or early 00s). We sang until almost sundown, when I decided to come home and rest for the rest of the night.

- I really do hope that we'd get to hang out like this in the future. No money was spent (aside from the food I bought for myself,) everyone was chilling in the air-conditioned room, bringing the house down, and laughing our guts off. :) :) :) :)

2 comments: