Saturday, April 21, 2012

Jet Setting Day With Marga: Around Manila's Malls




- April 21, 2012, Saturday.

- I was looking forward to this day since a week ago, since I'd be seeing a bunch of friends whom I haven't seen in a long time. I also realized that I would be with Marga the whole day.

- My first agenda was a get together with Clarisse and Marga at Lucky Chinatown Mall. We decided to eat at Uncle Cheffy, and had a banquet - "it made up for all the times that we weren't able to meet," Clarisse said (the bill seemed to have said the same thing.)

- Since the mall still didn't have a lot, we decided to visit Instituto Cervantes de Manila to attend the Dia del Libro 2012, and for me to say hello to some old colleagues during my internship days back in 2010. This year's Dia had a slightly different format, and didn't contain as much as the previous Dia del Libro's. I saw many new faces, since there was a change in the administration lately. The office looked a lot different than it used to as well.

- It was nice visiting Dia 2012, and Instituto, and it was unfortunate that we weren't able to find books that suited us. We decided to stop by at Robinson's Place Manila to have some ice-cold milk tea.

- We settled at Gong Cha, chatted, and made the most out of the cool air-conditioning system of the mall. It was so hot outside, Marga's and my head started to ache.

- Clarisse parted ways with us after she had to go home at 4pm, while Marga and I went further south to SM Mall of Asia for our last agenda; we were going to watch a movie with our friends Venus and Mary Grace.

- While waiting for Venus and Grace, Marga and I bought tickets to the movies, and had a big mango sorbet serving at Lugang. We also had a nice Korean 101 session.

- Venus and Grace soon arrived, and Marga and I were too full for dinner. Venus and Grace bought some light take-out dinner, and at their food inside the theater.

- The four of us watched "The Lucky One," starring Zac Efron. I honestly think that the videography was done well in most "scenic" parts, but as for the story, I felt that the writers could have shaped the characters more. The story had the potential to be touching, but it didn't "hit the spot," as far as I am concerned.

- We ended around 10:30pm, and spent the next hour driving through street-loaded Manila. I realized that I left the house at 9:15 this morning to attend my piano lesson, and came home more than half a day later. I felt like I didn't do much today, and still I wonder, "how much did I do today?!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment