Friday, December 28, 2012

Santa Claus is in Town, and Fresh from India

- December 28, 2012, Friday.

- Today was a day of meeting friends. I first met Margarette, my original "date for the day," and went to our friend Michelle's house. Michelle is now in America, but she was extremely kind and thoughtful enough to send gifts over to close family and friends in the Philippines. Michelle's dad wasn't around too, although I had  informed Michelle's dad that Marga and I would come. Ate Nene was the only one who accommodated us, and let us taste some tamarind juice.

- Michelle gave me a Mexican poncho. Although I had asked her to send me a poncho right before she left for the States (I promised to pay her back if ever,) I was still surprised that she sent me a nicely-made and vividly-colored poncho as a Christmas gift. She gave Margarette a "starter's make-up kit." I also left some Indian souvenirs for Michelle and her dad.

- Marga and I stayed longer than expected because of Ate Nene's stories. However, since Margarette had a short lunch break from working in her family's store, we had to leave around 12:30, and had a light lunch in Ersao. I gave Marga her souvenir from India.

- After sending off Marga, I went to Lucky Chinatown to catch some of my other high school friends. I was fortunate to catch Marvinson as he was about to walk away, and go ahead. As for Erlyn, Jessica, and Bless, they stayed and had yogurt with me in Red Mango, while I shared some of my experiences in India. I gave all of them their souvenirs.

- I dropped by two more houses after my brief encounter with my high school classmates, and delivered some souvenirs too. I hope to see more friends before my vacation ends!!



Mi poncho nuevo!!



Yogurt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment