Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Silver Soiree Journey: Prepare for a Photodump

- July 7, 2013, Sunday.

- For the last six and a half months, the Chiang Kai Shek College (my alma mater) School of Music had been practicing for tonight's silver jubilee concert, entitled "Silver Soiree: Celebrating 25 Years of Music," and was held in the St. Cecilia's Hall of St. Scholastica's College. I find it fortunate that I had been able to juggle my schedule around just to attend practices with the teachers and the other students. Although my fingers were almost always murdered/tortured after every practice (I played in 9 out of 14 numbers,) I felt that I learned a lot.

- I was also award the loyalty award tonight, and only did I realize that I have been part of the CKSC School of Music for 17 years and counting. (I can still remember my very first piano piece, a simplified arrangement of Haydn's Surprise Symphony.) My piano teacher, on the other hand, was awarded a teachers' loyalty award, including our School of Music head, since they have been teaching since the day the School of Music was opened in 1988.

- All the photos below are from rehearsals, to our general rehearsal yesterday, and tonight's concert (backstage photos though.)




























































No comments:

Post a Comment