Monday, December 14, 2009

Performance and Presentation Christmas Performances




- December 14, 2009, Monday, 7:30-10:30 (Com143.16 - Performance and Presentation, under Mrs. Boots Anson-Roa)

- The day started out with a short sensitivity exercise, a short review, and a short quiz. Everything seemed short, but they took up a lot of time, which I think is not the best thing that could happen when there are presentations in store, as well as a supposed Christmas "party".

- After the short short 15 minute break, we had our chance to shine. The sequence of presentations were based on the alphabetical order of our surnames.

- Gino sang an original Christmas song, fused with "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". Innovative.

- Chrissy Ang had a slideshow of pictures of Christmas around the world, as well as some personal Christmas pictures, specifically of her nephew as well. It was a really heart warming presentation.

- Joe and Nica had a tandem. They mixed the songs "Sa Ihip Ng Hangin" (I hope I got the title right), and "Pasko Na, Sinta Ko." Their performance really hit the spot. Nice arrangements and everything else.

- Krissie Drilon sang an a capella version of Silent Night, and Gab sang "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" with a really "heartfelt" strumming of the guitar.

- Nikki had a really nice game using a "Christmas hat" and " Christmas scarf." We were asked to form a circle and pass the hat and scarf around. Whoever gets both items at the same time will be out of the game. After rounds and rounds of craziness, Joe won.

- Paoie and Leana sang Christmas songs. They really have nice voices. Come to think of it, most of my classmates in my performance class were really good singers (excluding me of course). While realizing that we didn't have much time, some of the food were served, including the chocolate cake I brought.

- Charisse sang the Cebuano and Tagalog version of "Ang Pasko Ay Sumapit." It was fun to listen to a familiar song into a language unknown to me. :D:D:D:D

- Then came my turn. EPIC. Haha. I attempted to do a Bharatanatyam performance. It is a dance from Tamil Nadu, South India. The music I used was Bethlahemi, from the Shree Yeshurajan (O Jesus the King) album. It was sang in Malayalam. I gave a short short introduction in Hindi, then later in English.

- I got a bit more conscious since the class at the room across ours was about to start. Some people from the class next to ours were also waiting outside. With the big crowd outside, a lot of them watched my really crazy performance. I was a bit surprised, or not, to see my friend Danica watching as well. The class she sat in was the class across our room.

- After my epic crazy performance, Teresa, our German classmate, told us a Christmas story. She's really proficient in the English language.

- Mrs. Roa also had a little Christmas surprise of her own. She told Paoie to write our names and fold them into little pieces for a raffle. The winner would get a "gift" from her.

- Coincidentally, Paoie was the one chosen. (We might have teased her that she "did something illegal" so she'd be chosen, but all was fair.)

- It was revealed that Paoie got a nice bag with an embroidered "Best Wishes from Boots Anson-Roa" on the lower right corner of the bag. Nice. :) :) :) :)

- We planned to continue our small Christmas gathering at the SocSci foyer, since most of us didn't have classes after the performance class. Since we were dismissed late, and I still wanted to eat more food, I decided to cut my Portuguese class, though it was really against my will. I just sat in that class anyway; I'm not a "formal" student in Sir Capili's class. Haha.

- I forced everyone to finish the chocolate cake at least. Haha. I can still take the unopened box Dulce de Leche cake home.

- Since I realized that I didn't have decent pictures of me in my improvised Bharatanatyam costume, I took the effort to dress up again and hostaged Paoie to take vain pictures of me. Haha. Reminded of the time I hostage Kaz to take pictures of me in my Thai outfit. :D:D:D:D

- Half of the day ends here. The other half, my Feature Writing class, is another story. Haha.

4 comments:

  1. Very good, alam mo na si Shiva yan. :D:D:D:D It's his dance pose. :D:D:D:D Shiva, in his Nataraja form, is the god of dance. :D:D:D:D Muito bem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. And Chrissy Ang is my blockmate haha wala lang!

    ReplyDelete