Monday, April 5, 2010

Instituto Cervantes Week 4 (Days 8, 9, 10 and 11)




- April 5-8, 2010 (Monday to Thursday)

- This Monday, the Instituto was splashed by a wave of Atenean interns. I was joined by EU Studies students Enzo, Karla, Kaye, and Drea. Honestly, it was better having more interns around, since I had more people to talk to (a good way to kill boredom.)

- We were tasked to arrange some books in the Salon de Actos since Congressman Angara and his wife would be arriving that afternoon to get them. Those books would be donated to public libraries and schools in Baler.

- Aside from that, Monday was pretty much a slow day full of chitchat and sabaw moments.

- Tuesday and Wednesday were insanely busy days. We all thought about one liners for the t-shirts, rolled posters, stuck stickers on hundreds of envelopes, and wrote invitations in preparation of the Berso sa Metro and Dia del Libro. Due to the sudden blackouts that lasted for around 2 hours, we tried to be as productive as possible despite the scorching heat. (How hot?? My boss came back this Wednesday and brought small Toblerone triangles from Laos. Just moments later, all the triangles melted inside their plastic packs. :) :) :) :) )

- I also found out about two um, "paranormal" activities that occur in the Instituto. However, what really made my week was when I was informed that interns could avail fee lessons from the Instituto. Yippeeeee. :D:D:D:D

- Thursday was a stressful day. My boss asked Drea and I to cut the Inipit-like cakes from Laos in the kitchen. Funny, because the German ghost opened the lights for us - no kidding. The stress however, starts in the afternoon, when I was asked to bring flyers to A Different Bookstore and Fully Booked in Serendra. It was my first time commuting to Serendra, and I got lost within Fort Boni, since I got off at the wrong bus stop. Oh well, at least I was able to find my way around and go back at the Instituto safely. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment