Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pizzas and Houses: Twice the Fun, Twice the Funk!!




- August 29, 2011, Monday.

- Thank God for the long weekend, and everyone who seemed to be busy with school or work were able to come out from their stress shells and unwind. I don't really have school on Monday (and Tuesday,) but I was able to finish some major requirements last Saturday, making the long-weekend celebration applicable to me as well.

- My high school friends and I wanted to meet up and unwind, and planned either to go out or just hang out for today. Since I knew beforehand that no one would be around at home today aside from me and the helper, I generously offered my home as a place to just chill and goof around like our ancient and care-free high school days.

- Come today, I woke up around 9:30am, with everyone else out of the house, and excitedly prepared for our small gathering. Well, there wasn't anything to prepare, aside from placing the small mattress on the living room floor, so people can sit on it. I also figured our how the living room television and the DVD player worked (just in case someone brought a DVD for us to watch or something;) I usually use my room's television and DVD player. I was never able to touch or use the living room television and DVD player; they had been in our house for a year I think. HAHA.

- My neighbor Bless and our friend Jessica arrived around 10:15, and Genevieve arrived around half an hour later. Bless was able to bring a detective/crime-scene role-playing board game called "Clue," and the four of us played it while we were waiting for the others to arrive. Too bad Oliver, Miguel and Marvinson weren't able to come; I was the only guy left in our group. Haha.

- We ordered a big yellow cab pizza for lunch, as well as 5 large fries from McDonald's. Bless also brought chips, which she dumped together with the fries I placed in a big bowl. We also bought two large bottles of Coke. Talk about calories and sugar. Haha.

- Bernadette and Nathalie came after lunch, and shortly left them when I had to go to the doctor at the nearby hospital to have my ears checked. (I had an ear infection last week, and thankfully it's gone now.) I soon came back, played Berna's Monopoly cards with the others, and played more of Bless' board game. We all attempted to finish the pizza slices, as well as the fries-and-chips mix, and emerged victorious.

- Just when we thought that the sky was just cloudy, we noticed the time and realized that the afternoon was about to give way to the evening. We wrapped up our final game of Bless' board game around 6:30. The others decided to have dinner at the nearby Wai Ying restaurant, but I had no choice but to stay at home to prepare for my next agenda: our college carpool reunion.

- Danica texted me yesterday if I, together with the rest, were interested in having a small gathering in Danica's house this evening. I haven't seen Danica, or the rest of the carpool people lately, so I decided to go. My other neighbor Charmaine was going too. (I'm glad that I was able to squeeze this in today.)

- It didn't take me much time to prepare for the small reunion. I just did away what I had on the whole day, and quickly put on my white sleeveless hoodie vest, a necklace, and sandals, and waited for 7pm so I could meet my neighbor and go to Danica's house.

- My neighbor and I soon met up and bought at cake at King's Bakery, since Goldilock's closed earlier due to the holiday. We looked for a pedicab near Charmaine's high school alma mater, and rode off to Danica's house.

- Upon arriving at Danica's house, I was greeted again by Rocko, Danica's dog, who stripped my humanity away 2 years ago. (Refer to the photo album "Charmaine's Miniventure 2: How Random Can You Be??") We later went inside the room, and was greeted by Danica, Michelle, and two boxes of....you guessed it (or not)....YELLOW CAB PIZZAS. Well I wasn't surprised, since Danica told us beforehand that she'd have Yellow Cab pizzas delivered. Haha.

- Anne soon came, and again I was the only boy present for the rest of the night; the other guys weren't able to come. The other four did some chitchat about the corporate world, while I chatted with some people using Danica's Facebook account. HEEHEE. (Of course the people knew who they were really talking to. My trademark 4-emoticons gave me away quickly anyway. Haha.)

- Soon, the energy was turned up a notch higher when Danica asked us to play Tekken with her PS3. Since only two players were allowed per match, the other bored people would be busy hacking each other's Facebook accounts and post random silly things for everyone to see. HAHAHAHA. Sugar levels heightened when we decided to have the cake Charmaine and I brought. Haha. This kept on going for a good four hours.

- We all left at quarter to 12, and Mich and her dad were more than kind enough to bring Charmaine and me home. (Mich's house was closer to Danica's house.) Right now, I still can't imagine how a mere "hanging out" would tire me this much. Despite today's Yellow Cab diet, and soda-and-cake sugar rush, I'm as tired as I am when I have one of my usual "walkathon" adventures around Manila/NCR. I think however, that today's house hopping "adventure" was an extremely nice, private, personal, and heart-felt alternative to the usual adventures outdoors. Even if I just sat down most of the time, ate here and there, and talked once in a while, there was no such moment that I would call "boring" or "dull." I suppose it was because I was spending time with the right people. (By the way, the storm also cooperated by not showeing on me/us while I/we were outdoors. HEEHEE)

No comments:

Post a Comment