Saturday, August 6, 2011

Zen Afternoon: Cafe Mezzanine With None Other Than............Myself.




- August 6, 2011, Saturday.

- The only free Saturday that I have, and it ended up being a sort-of-adventure-fail day. Well, I was a bit tired from yesterday's movie + Vikings at MOA, so I decided to chill today. After all, I stress the hell out of my wits every Saturday, when I have three three-hour classes (9 hour classes in total.) I decided to continue doing my paper for school, and meet up with my friend Riezeryl at her house in the afternoon.

- While I still hoped and searched for people to go out with, my mom came knocking on my door with a bunch of errands for me to do. I guess I wasn't really meant to go out today with friends. My mom asked me to but some groceries, and go somewhere in Chinatown to pay her credit card bill.

- While I was on my way home from Chinatown, I decided to stop by at Cafe Mezzanine, one of my favorite "zen" hangout places, and have a small meal of my own. I had some of the usual: a typical kiampong bowl, an order of tofu, and a small order of adobo egg. It was quite heavy though.

- While I was sitting on my table, sipping on the free soup and eating my food, I had the chance to slow down, and just observe the people walking at the street below, glance once in a while at the guy at the next table as he closed his eyes while sipping his soup, or just look at how the ice cubes in my glass float like small icebergs in Antarctica. Small things, just small things.

- I still feel that I didn't maximize my Saturday, but I suppose that a laid back Saturday would do me so much good. I even took the long way to Chinatown, and back home - by walking. Walking usually helps me think....and most of the time, I end up realizing how the simple things in life matter more than superficial things that will not even matter, or even forgotten, after death. I don't know.

- After I arrived home to drop some stuff off, I went to my former neighbor Riezeryl's house to show her some brochures of the countries I went to last summer. I waited three hours for her. Good thing her sister, who also happened to be a close friend, was home. At least I got to talk to someone before Riezeryl arrived home. Yay.

- Right now, I still want to maximize the rest of my long break, but with school around the corner again, I can't help having the urge to do more schoolwork in the next days. Oh the woes of the academic life. Teehee.

2 comments:

  1. Sa Ongpin, tapat ng San Lorenzo Ruiz Academy. If you know Chuan Kee (the turo-turo restaurant beside Eng Bee Tin), Cafe Mezzanine is at the second floor of Chuan Kee.

    ReplyDelete