Saturday, December 8, 2012

Kirin And The Mythical Four: Christmas Dinner And The Flying Tricycle

- December 8, 2012, Saturday.

- My agenda for the night was to have a nice, simple dinner with some high school buddies. I went to Lucky Chinatown earlier, had a glimpse of Martin Nivera performing, and talked to my friend Karen. Later, I felt that I had to check the internet regarding the flight details for my departure on Monday. True enough, I had an urgent message from the National Youth Commission to get my passport and tickets in their office.






- Since it was rush hour at around 6pm, I wasn't able to get a cab, and if ever I did, it would've taken forever to go to Quezon Avenue, because of the traffic. I had to use what was abundant in that area - a tricycle. I asked for the trike driver to drive me to Quezon Avenue. We hit many bumps, and I was able to arrive in NYC, together with the other semi-alarmed delegates.

- The trike driver drove me back to Lucky Chinatown afterwards. Since I saw him as someone sent by God to my aid when I was really at a loss, I gave a bit more than what the driver and I had bargained for. I told him it was a little something I'd give him from Christmas too. (He did do a great job, swiftly thinking and carefully planning our route; he also waited for me even if it took me a while to get my documents settled in NYC.)

- Finally, I was able to meet Karel and Oliver, and later, Blessilda, and had an early Christmas dinner in Kirin. Kirin is a Chinese restaurant serving Szechuan dishes (spicy and saucy, as most Szechuan dishes are.) Honestly, the food there was OK/so-so. I could say the service was incredibly fast, but the food wasn't too Szechuan-y. I couldn't say I really liked the food, although I didn't dislike them either. True enough, my experience was in the middle of all the mixed reviews I've read about the restaurant.

- After dinner, we all had dessert in Red Mango, before going home at around 10pm. I got to hitch a ride with Blessilda home. It was really nice to meet these people again (more of us would've been better if the others were available) just before I leave on Monday.









Playing with Karel's colorful band aids. No, Bless didn't slash her wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment