Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gibby's First Radio Guesting

- April 24, 2013, Wednesday.

- I was invited last week by the UP Asian Center to be a guest in this Wednesday's "May Punto Ka D'yan" radio show in DZUP 1602 AM. DZUP 1602 is UP Diliman's own radio show, and this certain show that airs daily from 2-4pm frequently guests students or professors within the university. For the past 5 or 7 Wednesdays, this radio show decided to guest students and professors from the Asian Center. (The other days were reserved for other departments and schools of the university.)

Prepared by Ivy.
- I was asked to talk about Islamic representations in both Philippine and Bollywood movies. On top of that, other topics such as social structures, stereotypes, and other sensitive issues were tackled. (My mom was afraid that those who did not agree with my important points might cyber bully me, despite most of my points were impersonal, academic and well-researched on.) Ivy, one of the research associates of the UP Asian Center, accompanied me to the DZUP office.

Trying to act casual, but my hand position shows how nervous I was.


-  The show's host, Mr. Edge Uyanguren, coincidentally the loving husband of another Asian Center research associate, was very casual about the topic, and made it easy for me to talk about many things. I might have missed some minor points, or was not able to expound vastly on some subtopics, but one hour is of course not enough to cover everything. It was a good experience though.




With Mr. Edge.

** Yes, I still managed to wear my half-kurta and scarf despite the blazing summer heat outdoors. It helped me be "in character" though. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment