Saturday, August 1, 2009

Charmaine's Miniventure 2: How Random Can You Be??




- July 31, 2009, Friday

- Charmaine and I first went to the Manila Zoo since Charmaine told me that she has never gone to the Manila Zoo before.

- We rode the LRT until Quirino and walked to the zoo. I was pretty happy to see Mali (the elephant) still alive and well, but the overall ambience of the zoo was to pressing. I have to give credit to the renovations that made the zoo at least a bit more alive.

- There was a part called kinder zoo, where we were allowed to touch the animals or at least see them up close. The most depressing animal (I think) that I found was the pot bellied pig. The pig was placed on top of a table so people could come near and take pictures with it. The pig was lying down on its big big belly and seemed to be as bored as hell. Flies were everywhere, and some even drank the blood that came out from the pig's tiny wound. So depressing....

- We went around the zoo for around an hour more before leaving. We planned to eat at the Korean Village Restaurant before searching for Japantown. For some reason, we went the wrong way but ended up riding a jeep to Paco (where Japantown is). After getting out of the jeep, we asked around about the whereabouts of Japantown. No one seemed to know. It would also be hard to search street by street because Paco is one large place.

- Charmaine and I headed back to Robinson's Place and went ahead to Manila's Koreatown. Like before, we headed to Da Mul Grocery and bought the Banana Milk Charmaine was telling me about. I also bought some Korean Ramyon (Korean Ramen) and a random grape-flavored gummy candy. Hahahaha.

- On the way to Korean Village, we also checked out Fuji Mart (the Japanese Grocery) and the newly opened G-Mart that seemed to be a smaller version of Makati's Wang Mart.

- We arrived at the Korean Village Restaurant and ordered pretty much the same thing we ordered last time (Rice and Assorted Korean Barbecue) and Bibimbap.

- While eating the barbecue we grilled, I had no idea which type of meat I was getting since they all looked alike: brown, slightly burned, brown. To my dismay, I think I got most of the liver in the platter. I HATE LIVER. Charmaine soon told me that she wasn't able to eat any of the liver (Charmaine likes liver....)

- After leaving the restaurant, we dropped by the Walnut House to grab our friend Danica some walnut cookies. We decided to give it to her today (while the cookies are still fresh).

- Charmaine and I rode the train from Pedro Gil to Carriedo. We got off, walked around Chinatown for a while to hunt for Charmaine's DVD's (no pics available), and went to Danica's house.

- When we arrived at the 10th floor, Danica's dog was the first to welcome us. We were scared at first because Danica's dog was HUGE.

- Danica came out and welcomed us into her house. Charmaine had a nice time browsing through Danica's bookshelf. Haha. I had a nice time looking at Danica's old family pictures. Haha.

- Charmaine and I formally met Danica's dog Rocko. The large dog had a fun time playing with me. Haha. He was so big that he sort of "got on me". He was HEAVY. Hahahaha. My humanity is harassed and violated. :)) :)) :)) :))

- Later on, Charmaine and I decided to go home, since the sun was about to set. Danica didn't let us, but invited us to stay for dinner. Haha. Since we had more time, we watched The Nanny, and played Sims 3. Danica and Charmaine attempted to make my character, but it didn't end up looking like me. Haha. Take note: they made my character so they could kill me. Haha.

- After I was killed, it was time to make Charmaine's character. It was time for revenge!! :)) :)) :)) :)) Well we were supposed to kill her, but instead we made her really rich and made Sims Charmaine buy a lot of unnecessary things.

- While we were almost bored with rich Sims Charmaine, dinner was served. We had a lot of food during dinner. My personal favorite were the large buttered shrimps. Hahahaha.

- After dinner, Danica had a great idea - make a Sims character of our highly-appreciated friend Isen. The character sort of looked liked Isen. Haha. We all had a fun time trying to kill him in Sims, but for some reason, the fire wasn't able to burn him....TWICE. He was dead the third time though. Haha.

- At around 9pm, it was time for Charmaine and I to go home. Danica's nice dad (with Danica herself) drove the two of us home. Yey!! Thank You.

- After arriving home, I was really REALLY tired. I was so tired that I wasn't able to upload these pictures. Hahahaha.

12 comments: