Friday, August 7, 2009

FAT DAY: Comm Fieldwork With Neighbor Bless!!




- August 6, 2009, Friday

- Went up to pick up Bless around 1pm. We rode the train to UN Ave. and walked towards Little India. Damn. It's been a while since the last time I went there. Good thing I had the perfect excuse to go there today.

- We first went to see the usual stores (Assad and its neighbor stores). In Simron, I was able to buy a nice and simple Indian keychain with the image of Guru Gobind Singh Ji (the 10th and last of the 10 founding fathers of Sikhism).

- We settled at Assad Cafe and had our second lunch. We had chapatis, mutton masala and chicken biryani. We also chomped on the samosas we bought at the Assad Minimart. After finishing out second lunch (we weren't able to finish the biryani though, so I let the people there wrap it up for me), we rode a trike to the Hindu Temple.

- We arrived at the Hindu Temple around quarter to three. I informed the secretary that I was the one who set an appointment with Ashok Maharaj (the second high priest) the day before. Bless and I waited and waited, until an unfamiliar face greeted us.

- I later found out that I wouldn't be able to interview Mr. Ashok Maharaj because he was sick. The one I talked to was Mr. Damoodar Dumri, the assistant of Ashok. He's a nice and interesting person to put in my feature writing article for my feature writing class. :D:D:D:D He even played the tabla. Haha.

- Mr. Dumri also gave Bless and I some ladoos, an apple each, and a pack of yema-like-but-not-as-sweet-yet-very-oily Indian sweet. Yey!! More food!!

- During the latter part of the interview, it was as if Mr. Dumri was the one inteviewing us. (Well my questions were done anyway....haha) He asked us about things here in the Philippines, and some not so personal stuff. As always....he was surprised to know that I spoke a little Hindi. Hahahaha. (It was a nice opportunity to brush up on my Hindi tongue....)

- After the interview, Bless and I left the temple and headed towards Robinson's Place to watch a movie for my WAC (Writing About Culture) class, under the same prof as my feature writing class. I needed to make a review on the movie.

- We decided to watch The Proposal, starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. We bought the tickets, and had around 30 minutes to kill before the showtime.

- Bless and I roamed around RP to look for nice trench coats that she could use to her JTA trip to France. We managed to find some nice ones in Mango. (Yey candidates)

- Side note: I JUST FOUND OUT THAT PINK PEPPER CLOSED DOWN ALREADY.... (Eric and Kim Carmela memories....)

- With time ticking like there's no tomorrow, it was already time for us to run towards the theater. Since RP doesn't offer reserved seats, we considered ourselves lucky to find really great seats in the theater. The whole movie was a bag of laughs and some moments of emoness. Aww. Hahahaha.

- After the movie, Bless and I went to the nearby Korean Village and ate our dinner. We had an unusual abundance of appetizers. Haha. We ordered Korean Beef Barbecue, lettuce leaves, and a bowl of rich for each of us. We ate like we haven't eaten for a century. Guess what. I think I grew thrice my body weight in one sitting. Haha!!

- I also realized that as of today........I ATE AT THE KOREAN VILLAGE RESTAURANT FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE FRIDAYS. Hahahaha. (two times with Charmaine, and this time with neighbor Bless. Haha)

- Currenlty: I am dead tired, very full, working on my WAC paper. :D:D:D:D

6 comments:

  1. little indiaaaaaaa! i miss it super XD haha :D bakit nung nag korean village tayo walang lettuce? haha XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!! (both of you hahaha XD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasi extra charge yun. HAHA. Sa Ma San (yung sa Rockwell) hindi eh. Huhu. 150 kaya for lettuce. Hahahaha. E nainggit kami sa kabilang table eh. Haha. Kaya nag lettuce na lang kami. Hahahaha.

    YEY LITTLE INDIA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEHEY KASAMA AKO. HAHAHAHA. KELANGAN ANJAN DIN SI HEIMLICH. HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete