Monday, April 12, 2010

Instituto Cervantes Week 5 (Days 12-16)




- April 12-16, 2010 (Monday - Friday)

- Monday was a not too busy day. With the upcoming Berso sa Metro event this Saturday, volunteers were called up by my co-interns, and Ea and I fixed the press kits for Tuesday's press conference that would be held in the Salon de Actors of the Instituto. Aside from that, we were asked by our superior to join the contest of the Berso sa Metro event. All we had to do was to create a blog entry about this Saturday's event, and the winners will get free Spanish lessons (1 level,) awesome Dia del Libro t-shirts, and a mystery prize. I was teamed up with Kaye and Karla, and Enzo was teamed up with Ea and Tina. :D:D:D:D Good luck to all of us.

- Oh yeah. Antonio, my boss' secretary came back to Manila recently, and brought a ton of pasalubong from Leyte. God. The (edible) pasalubongs were GREAT!!!! Haha. It's not also obvious that I ate a lot as well. Haha.

- Interesting thing I learned this Monday was how to photocopy. I always wanted to learn how to operate a photocopy machine. Gladly, I, as well as Ea, had the opportunity to learn how to photocopy things, courtesy of TJ, one of my co-workers.

- Tuesday was one heck of a day. I was welcomed by a task upon arrival, and started doing it at once. I was supposed to write summaries of the lives of the poets that are going to present their poems this Saturday. It was a good thing that I was able to finish this before we were asked to attend the press con at the Salon de Actos.

- The press con went well, though attended by a few mediamen. After that, my co-interns and I ate at the Cafe de Las Letras (Instituto's Cafe.)

- After lunch, I was again asked to do something even more tideous -> BUBBLWRAPPING. Why is it tedious? We had to pack several GIGANTIC movie posters painted on wooden canvasses, and a lot more smaller (and more manageable) ones.

- Bubblewrapping took up my afternoon, and I even had to go overtime since I needed to help TJ with the press kits for the press con the following day in Mandarin Oriental.

- I also realized that I barely spoke to my boss, and the only time I was able to talk to him was when I was about to go home. :| :| :| :|

- Wednesday was a slightly different day. I arrived at the Instituto, almost seeing no one, since my boss and some other people went to the press con in Makati. I was just tasked to do a book and DVD inventory again.

- Come afternoon, and with all the people back at the Instituto, pizzas, ice cream tubs and soda bottles galore arrived. We had a pizza party in celebration of LV's belated birthday. :D:D:D:D YEY!!

- It was also nice to see our Spanish bosses just "be themselves" during the party. They looked so cute when they talk to each other, and joke around about stuff that I barely understand. Hahahaha. Oh well.

- Thursday was all about preparing the video for the Berso sa Metro event this Saturday. Martin was all set up with his video cam and all, despite having a slight flu. Originally, I was tasked to be the "photographer" while Enzo and Drei were being shot. Since the fake jeepney couldn't stand on its own very well because of the wind, I was asked to "be the driver" of the jeepney while Drei and Enzo were being shot. In short, I didn't have any lines. Haha. It was fun though.

- Friday was the busiest (not to mention the longest) day of the week. Everyone was preparing for the Berso sa Metro with much pressure. Enzo and I were tasked to fetch the poet from the nearby Manila Pavillon Hotel, and Enzo was later asked to tour the poet around Intramuros. I badly wanted to tour the poet around, but I had my Spanish diagnostic with the other Atenean interns.

- Aside from that, I was asked by Ito to prepare the things to be brought to the venues tomorrow. I felt like I was in a game of scavenger hunt, since I had to look for items on a list given to me. Aside from that, Kaye and I updated the eco-bag manufacturer about our orders. Oh well.

- I went home around six, since Ma'am Isabel had her despedida. (She'll be going to Bataan.) I went home around 6, and waited for around 10 trains to pass by. Sigh much. Too many people. Haha.

2 comments: