Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Icebreaker: Omakase With Dor and Tiane




- April 21, 2010, Wednesday

- Finally, I have assured myself that my social life hasn't left me totally. I was lucky that Dor and Tiane saved me from my home-OJT-piano weekly routine. The truth is, we organized this dinner a week ago to celebrate Christiane's recent graduation. (Next year, my turn!!)

- Just as planned, I left the office a bit past four in the afternoon, and hurriedly went home to change my bag, and buy a cake for Christiane before heading towards Dorenett's nearby house.

- Upon arriving, Dorenett and Christiane flocked around Dione, Dorenett's niece. It's been a year since the last time I've seen Dione; now, she has longer more tie-able hair, can walk, but still cries violently upon seeing me. I really don't understand why the kid cries when she sees me. All I did was say hi. Hahahaha.

- ANYWAY. Dione left minutes later with her mom, Dor's sister, and the three of us went our own way too.

- It was fun to see Christiane driving - especially since it's the first time I've seen her drive. I think she did a great job, even if she confessed along the way that "she has." (Ehem, mood swings, ehem.)

- We arrived at Omakase after sundown, and immediately noticed the creative names for their specialty sushi,maki. (Just look at the pic captions.)

- We left Omakase around an hour later, barely having space for dessert. We went to the nearby Banapple Pie, and was highly dissapointed, but not surprised, to see a ton of people in the tiny tiny place. We just headed back to the ground floor, somewhere in front of Omakase, to have a dose of fro-yo.

- Fro-yos and catching up are one of life's great combinations, especially during the summer. The heat and thrill of conversations unfelt in online conversations and the ice-cold yogurt just hit the spot.

- Just a random thing though, since we sat near the escalator, we could obviously see the people going up and coming down. For some reason, a flood of models kept on coming down the escalator. As the three of us kept on talking, more and more models came down the escalator. "Galing sila sa langit. [LITERALLY.]" Christiane said.

- Before we went home, the three of us tried to find out where the models were coming from. Sneaky sneaky. Haha. Turned out, there was a tiny passageway to the building's third floor. The building's third floor had a studio where the models, we assume, had their photo shoots and whatnot. Oh well.

- The three of us went home, again, riding Christiane's car, and tried to plan another dinner, just in case we'd be able to go on one one of these days. I hope Mon can come next time. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment