Monday, October 25, 2010

KFC: Koreatown, Ferry/Fail, Chinatown with Cinq and Fajj :D:D:D:D




- October 25, 2010, Monday, Barangay Elections Day

- I met up with Bless after I voted for our barangay Kagawad with my mom and my sister. After meeting up with Bless, we both went to McDonald's so I could have breakfast before the long adventure. Surely, we dashed off to our beloved CKSC to meet Marvinson Fajardo aka Faj, and Bernadette. We met Nathalie in the Carriedo LRT station.

- The first agenda in our itenerary is Koreatown Makati's Masan Restaurant. Again, it's the restaurant where the loving Ms. Lee serves everyone with quality Korean food while wearing her hanbok (the Korean national costume.) Since my companions also took interest in "a kind woman with a hanbok," I decided to ask her to have a picture with us. I also got to practice my Korean with her. She seemed to understand me. Yay!! By the way. We got a bit lost on our way to Masan for some strange reason. It's like saying me being lost in Chinatown. Haha.

- After lunch, we went to Wang Mart to buy some Korean ice cream and a few Korean groceries. The kind "uncle" who owned the restaurant welcomed us, and I talked to him in Korean. Since I told him that I was Chinese, he told his daughter to talk to me in Chinese. His young daughter spoke well. As she spoke to me in Chinese, I talked to her in Korean. It was really a fun experience, and a reassurance that I can indeed speak "understandable" Korean, even just a little.

- We went back to Powerplant to stroll a bit, before catching the 4pm Pasig River ferry. We stopped by the arcade to kill time, and headed towards the ferry at around quarter to four.

- After arriving at the ferry terminal, the guard told us that the ferries won't be sailing today because it's a holiday. Surely, I was pissed, since I wanted to share my Pasig River experience to my friends, although we just laughed about how some of the "nice" things or tourist attractions close or aren't available during holidays, right when people have the time to experience or visit them. (So what's the point right?) This was the "fail" part of the adventure.

- So we won't waste any more time, we just walked towards the MRT, and decided to go to Chinatown, earlier than expected, and walk around the new minimall in Chinatown named "Pacific Centre." Pacific Centre doesn't have a lot inside yet. It only has a few stores inside, although quite a few restaurants can be found at the ground floor (not accessible from the inside.) Pacific Centre also has a yogurt place named "Yogi Haus." It's a really tiny (and pocket-friendly) yogurt place. Each serving of yogurt (in slightly medium sized cups) costs 60php for the regular yogurt, and 80php for the flavored yogurt. Each (generous amount of) topping costs 20php. Cheap right?

- At around 6pm, the five of us walked towards Seattle's Best Gandara to have dinner, and to meet Oliver at the same time. Oliver works there. It was also a good thing that Erlyn was able to join us during dinner.

- Since Oliver was an employee, he was able to "let us have" some of his benefits, including a free drink (just one, not one each,) and a certain amount of discount from the stuff we ate and drank. I was also lucky enough to meet Krisan and Jenesa there. They're two of my friends from the other class. :D:D:D:D

- I feel that we're pretty blessed today despite getting lost in the most unexpected places (places that I am supposed to know my way around,) or that we weren't able to hop aboard the Pasig River Ferry. Then again, I was able to meet up with good friends, especially Faj whom I last saw last June 2009. It was also fun to see Oliver at work with his uniform and all, and Hansen, another batchmate who happened to work in Seattle's Binondo too. :D:D:D:D Cheers to more adventures and life. :D:D:D:D

2 comments:

  1. i enjoyed reading what happened in a day with Ahia Gilbert. haha:) i didn't know Koreatown existed here in the Philippines! Now i know where to go to satisfy my Korean cravings. haha :) And, u can speak Korean pala! wow! multilingual, indeed. haha I'm Korean BY HEART and I'm still learning hangul now. maybe i can talk to you and see if i passed. hahaha :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. Yes, let's. :D:D:D:D Marunong ako onte. Tapos may Korean foreign language class ako this coming sem, so yey!! Hahahaha. Maraming Koreatowns dito sa NCR, among those pa in other more-developed parts of the Philippines like Cebu ata or Davao. I particularly like the Koreatown in Makati kasi it's quiet, but not creepy, tapos maraming mga Korean groceries doon. In other Koreatowns that I've been to kasi, a small small "block" lang siya na puro Korean groceries and restaurants. Dito mas maluwag kasi. It's near Rockwell Village.

    If you want to go to this restaurant, look for "Ma San Garden" sa internet. It's found in Polaris Street. :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete