Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sawatdee Khrap, Christmas Break And Thai Food!!




- Decemver 23, 2010, Thursday

- Sang and everyone else planned to eat out today at Som's. I was almost reluctant to go because I still have my semi-epic "flullergy." Since I was supposed to get my Korean scrapbook from Sang (although he ended up not bringing it haha,) and I wanted to try Som's since forever, I decided to go today.

- Charmaine and I arrived at Som's a few minutes past 11am, after a long train+train+jeep ride, and a short stroll in Powerplant. Since everyone was still far away, and we were a bit (ok, VERY) hungry, we decided to order a plate of Pad Thai for ourselves.

- As everyone started to arrive, Charmaine and I were 3/4 full. I guess we should've ordered an appetizer or two instead of the big Pad Thai platter, because we all ended up ordering a lot of dishes.

- Ordering the dishes was as much fun as eating the dishes later on. Bea (well most of us) had a hard time deciphering the dishes, aside from the famous ones that we knew (eg. Pad Thai, Tom Yum, etc.) Bea said that we should order a weird-sounding dish to have that "exotic" vibe - and thus, Bea's infamous "Nam Jem" joke. She saw the name "Nam Jem" on the menu and wanted to order it (so badly,) but we didn't order it; it wasn't on the best-sellers list. However, based on my a-few-minutes-ago research, Nam Jem was a sotanghon-based noodle dish. (Dang, maybe we should've ordered that too. HAHA. Oh well, there's still a next time.)

- Before leaving, we found out that Willy and Sang paid for our lunch (which was a bit expensive since there were seven of us.) They said it was their "Christmas gift" for us. ♥♥♥♥ (Korp khun mahk mahk!! - Thank you very much!!)

** Btw, I wore my minimalist Thai outfit to match the ambiance of Som's. True enough, the place was authentically Thai, especially because of the portraits and statues of Buddha, King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit of Thailand.

1 comment: