Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ac-Comm-paniment 2011: Comm Roast 2011, Together, Forever. Sorta, Kinda, Like-a. :D:D:D:D




- February 26, 2011, Saturday

- After running around school this morning for clearance stuff, I stressed over what to wear for this afternoon's Comm Roast. The Comm Roast is a yearly tradition where AB Communication seniors gather together "for one last time," aside from graduation, chill, relax, party, and eat. The event is always organized by AComm, the home organization of AB Communication majors.

- I finally decided to wear something "normal," at least my friend Cham puts it, but tweaked my look by accessorizing myself, as always. I call my look "Preppy-Tribal" because of the rather pretty-like plaid look, plus the tribal accessories I had.

- The event, according to the Facebook events page, would start at 4, and obviously no one will follow that. My parents, especially my dad, were excited, and wanted to leave the house at 2 or 3pm. At least I convinced my parents to wait a bit longer, so I wouldn't be the first one in Anna Lou's house. (Anna Lou is my batchmate in Comm, and she gladly opened her really amazingly cultural house to all of us.)

- I arrived at Anna Lou's around 4:30, and saw Lauren about to carry some boxes of food inside Anna Lou's house. As I went inside, I saw that no one was there, aside from around one or two organizers from AComm, Lauren, and later on, Bianca. Since I had nothing to do, I just helped set up the things on the table, while stealing some of the finger food with Bianca. Haha.

- Small flocks of people came in gradually, while the chips were placed in bowls by Lauren. At first, everyone resisted getting some chips, but we ended up going to the buffet table and hogging the chips -- controlling ourselves, and keeping ourselves busy so we won't steal the "main courses."

- The main program started around 6-ish. The emcees welcomed everyone, had an opening prayer, and proceeded to the awarding ceremonies for the quirky awards. Photo slide shows of block pictures, or messeges from Mang Tony (fondly called MT) and Sir Sev were played after one set of awards.

- I still find it funny and flattering that I was nominated by a batchmate to the "Hari ng Lookbook Award/ Hype King Award," which was a creative way of saying "Mr. Fashionista." I ended up winning the award. Hahahaha. Braggy won the Reyna ng Lookbook Award/ Hype Queen, which really fit her. Dave on the other hand, was an award-hogger. He had 5 awards, and in two or three of those awards, he was the only nominee. Haha.

- After the awards and the videos, people started to wild-up. The smell of alcohol and stuff filled the air, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable; I don't drink. Still, everyone chilled, talked, and hung out. I dunno whose iPod was plugged into the speakers, but the songs came from the years 2000 to 2007. Most of them were familiar and memorable songs, which made my mood better.

- I left the Comm Roast a bit early, but at least I was able to attend the main event/ program, and was able to hang out with people in my course. It's one of the occasions where we Comm majors are gathered together. I think Comm majors are only gathered together during ORSEM, thesis plenary, this one, and graduation (practice and the actual thing.)

- I am really fortunate to be surrounded with creative, talented, intelligent, and spontaneous people. Comm had been my home for four years. It might not be my target course back when I was choosing my "future," but I will never regret being in Comm, or in Ateneo. :D:D:D:D (PLEASE LET ME GRADUATE ATENEO. Hahahaha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment