Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rehearsals and Interviews: MASCKS' General Rehearsals and Shakey's with Leslie. :D:D:D:D




- February 22, 2011, Tuesday

- After the bulk of final exams that I had this morning (Korean orals, Philo orals, Jap written,) I hurried to CKSC to attend MASCKS' general rehearsals. Tomorrow will be the big day, and I wanted to make sure that the musicians and the singers were harmonizing. I still had to train Cedric for his piano part, the polish the violinists for their parts, and synchronize the rhythm of the guitarists among themselves and with the other musicians.

- I was really glad that Mrs. Villaver, formerly known as Ms. Bartolay, was in-charge of the singers and the actions, so I may focus on the musicians. The singers showed great progress, especially with the MASCKS members who also happened to be members of the school choir.

- Since the auditorium was going to be used be grade school students, MASCKS invaded the kinder building by practicing in the typing rooms, science laboratories, kitchen (singers and musicians) and the multipurpose room. That area of the school reminded me of our Moulin Rouge days, since a lot of our practices were held there around half a decade ago. (Wow!! It's been that long already?!?!?!?!)

- The general rehearsals went well, I think. Well, a lot of stuff were not as polished, but I can honestly say that the numbers I saw were one of a kind. When it comes to the singers, my jaw-dropped after hearing the harmonization of the singers and the musicians. I heard that the singers and the musicians were far from harmonizing prior to my arrival in CKSC. With what I heard and saw, I must say that our effort to polish ourselves in the afternoon were very fruitful. I am still psyched that I would be able to play my violin in public again tomorrow, since Hazelyn, the only person in the "first violin," was overpowered by the three "second violin" people (plus the guitars and the piano.)

- Overall, I think that MASCKS will have a great presentation tomorrow, considering the limited number of weeks to practice. I think we started finalizing and practicing last January (??). Still, I have to give credit to everyone's joint efforts and discipline (ehem) - without these, nothing would have happened.

- Not keen on leaving the auditorium around 7pm, I still had to leave to meet Leslie in Shakey's Masangkay. Leslie is a friend of mine from college, and she needed/wanted to write an article about me for her Feature Writing class (a class I once had also, under the same awesomest prof.) She lived nearby, so we met somewhere accessible to both of us.

- I met Leslie minutes later and immediately ordered. I was a bit thankful that she offered to treat the pizza, but I offered to pay for an appetizer platter, so I'd at least have some contribution. After all, I am still thankful that she chose me to be the subject of her extended profile article. Hahahaha.


- What was supposed to be a simple dinner turned out to be hours of eating and talking about personal lives, school, and of course, the interview proper. While doing the interview, I realized that Leslie was the third person to do an extended profile about me.

- Leslie and I talked and ate from 7:15 to around 9:45. We never thought that the dinner would last that long, and we realized that we didn't have a photo together. We had to walk to the nearby Mercury Drugstore just to get a photo of both of us. Hahahaha. Oh well. Simple joys.

- Tomorrow, I shall perform again, as a musician. I miss being an actor, a performer, and I miss acting on stage. As most people know, I (need) to leave MASCKS after this year, to hopefully pursue greater things. I would have wanted to help out with MASCKS, but I am not sure what the future holds for me. I may not have a definite schedule. I don't know. Still, I am hoping that it will not be the last time I perform on stage. The stage has been my home for many years. It has inspired me to aspire and attain fantasies that may not be attained in the real world. Still, a lot of people say that everywhere's a stage - and you perform as your own character anytime, anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment