Monday, November 7, 2011

Korean Act - Back in a Hanbok: Revisiting Koreatown




- November 7, 2011, Monday, Eid al'Adha.

- My friends Eric and Chabert wanted me to take them to Makati's Koreatown. Although we were supposed to go last Saturday, before Eric's last minute back out, Eric suggested that we could go today since it was a holiday; our Muslim friends were celebrating Eid al'Adha today.

- The three of us met at the EDSA LRT Station at 11am, and rode the MRT to Guadalupe, and rode the jeep to Rockwell. Since Eric and Chabert were complaining a bit about the heat, I just told them that they needed to prepare themselves of a "scenic walk" from the Powerplant Mall to the dead end of Polaris Street outside the Rockwell village.

- After showing Eric and Chabert the house-with-a-pet-monkey, we immediately went to Masan, and entered the restaurant as I hadn't in a year or so. My usual waiter was coincidentally by the door, and greeted me like he always did since the day I first went there in July 2009. He even told me that he was glad to see me again after more than a year of not seeing me.

- We had so bulgogi, dolsot bibimpap, so bulgogi (with complimentary lettuce, peanut sauce, and fresh garlic slices,) haemul pajeon, and a generous amount of mandu/dumplings (given to us for free.) The unlimited side dishes also enticed Chabert and Eric's appetite. Teehee.

- While eating, Chabert and (surprisingly) Eric's vanity took advantage of my camera. I, wearing my hanbok, also took advantage of the nice interior. We later finished our last slice of pineapple, paid the bill, and went on our way to Wang Mart.

- Wang Mart was as cool as always. It was still big, and I think they would be handing out presents to people who visited the store on the 11th, 11:11 (at day or night,) and if ever, even on the 11th second (11-11-11, 11:11, 11.)

- We bought our Korean ice cream, and visited the other side of Burgos Street. To my shock (err, not so much,) some of the groceries, as well as the book-rental-and-Korean-souvenir-shop, were all closed down.

- We walked all the way back to Rockwell to cool off, and look at some stuff. I also saw a college friend there too. Yay. We soon passed by a small amusement zone for kids, and Chabert insisted on trying a certain ride there. Eric and I gave in, and spend the next 60 seconds or so swaying and swinging around.

- After that seemingly awkward ride - three young adult men riding a small kiddie ride, with parents and kids staring at them - we dashed off to other parts of the mall, and left at around 3pm.

- I arrived home at around 4pm, which I think is earlier than my usual coming-home time. I think it's great that I get to rest more for the rest of the day, and I hope that I'd get to have more adventures before work starts next week (and hopefully I'll still be able to have adventures then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment