Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Elem BFFs Unite: Soul Brother and Soul Sister on All Souls' Day




- November 2, 2011, Wednesday, All Souls' Day.

- My good friend Marielle asked me the other day if I'm available one of these days, so we could hang out. We haven't seen each other in a long time, and we don't usually hang out too. Normally, we just talk when we see each other, or online.

- Today, I asked Marielle if she was available one of these days, and she asked me if I was available today. Good thing I was. I suggested to go to MOA, but Marielle wanted to go to Trinoma, since she hasn't been there before.

- After lunch, I had a quick stop at UP to fix some matters, and immediately rode the jeep afterwards to Trinoma. I waited outside Tokyo Tokyo just as she asked, and we met around quarter to three.

- Marielle wanted to eat, specifically at Krispy Kreme, but it was full. After a few more rounds outside and inside the top floor, we decided to try Five Cows, just beside Yakimix. After seeing the menu, I realized that Five Cows seemed to be the cross between Pancake House (minus the pancakes,) and Icebergs. Marielle decided to have a bubble gum flavored sundae, while I had a burger and a banana ice cream thing. I liked their burger because the bread used wasn't the usual dough-loaded hamburger bun, but a lighter type of bread; it made the hamburger look like a normal sandwich.

- Our mouths wouldn't shut in Five Cows, even as we ate. We had a lot to talk about, even the ones we already talked about online. Talking to people in person would always make a big difference, especially with the expressions, gestures, and all that energy.

- After eating, we realized that we didn't have much space for Krispy Kreme, deciding to maybe go there after a few rounds around the mall. Both of us ended up doing some errands, window shopping, and ultimately, buying something from Oxygen. I bought a shirt that was discounted 600php less than the original price. I nearly died of happiness. (I saw the same shirt in another branch, but it wasn't on sale, and I think it didn't have my size, so I guess it was a lucky day for me.)

- We both left Trinoma at around 6-ish pm. I first accompanied Marielle to the jeeps going to where she was staying, while I tried to take a different route home, by going to SM North, riding the jeep to Roosevelt LRT1 on the way home. (Just like what my friend Cristina and I did the last time I went to Trinoma.)

- I really do hope that this will be the first of many adventures I'd have with Marielle. It's nice to hang out with her, just like the times when we were assigned to sit beside each other during our oh-so-colorful grade school years.

No comments:

Post a Comment