Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Whole Day of Theater Madness: Script-writing Can Be Fun -- And Crazy




- November 26, 2011, Saturday.

- Just as my Saturdays are for this semester, I started my day out with my usual "good-vibes" Saturday morning rituals. My morning agenda was to attend my piano lesson and MASCKS.

- Just when I thought I was up for a normal "awesome" Saturday, the first thing that welcomed my morning was getting stuck inside the elevator of CKSC. The elevator didn't seem to move even after I had pressed all the floor numbers. The arrows didn't seem to mind me too. Worse, the fan of the elevator wasn't on. Minutes later, I heard newspaper ruffles, obviously "signs of life from the outside world," so I banged hardly on the elevator doors, hoping that the person outside would hear me. The elevator lights suddenly shut off, and on again, and the doors opened. To my relief, the person outside was Mang Domeng, one of the school janitors who knew how to operate the elevator. I was able to ride the elevator safely to the music room, and an hour of piano-ing passed by quickly.

- I dashed off to meet the members of MASCKS at the ground floor. Since today was an optional meeting - we'd be meeting only to polish the plot and start writing the script - we expected, and had a small number of members who attended.

- We all took off from our lunch-meeting's progress last week, and continued to make more concrete plans, such as casting some of the roles. Later that morning, we were joined by Clarizza (friend/batchmate-turned-teacher) and her students from the Writers' Guild.

- We all had lunch at around 12-ish, and ate at the newly-opened Eat Fresh nearby. Clarizza and her students chose to eat elsewhere, and I didn't know whether they'd join us for the (extended) afternoon session or not.

- Unlike the previous Eat Fresh in Masangkay, this Eat Fresh at Abad Santos was air conditioned, and had different dishes not found in the former branch. The signature Hong-Kong fried noodles were still available, along with various rice toppings, dimsum, dimsum-on-a-stick (Hong Kong "street food,") soup dishes, and other dishes that were good to share.

- We continued "work" during lunch, talking about characters and scenarios that could be added. Cleo finally joined us after the parol-making contest, and so we had one more brain added to the group.

- We quickly went back to our room, and had a "quiet" script-writing session; we were still full from lunch, and were in the mood to have an early afternoon nap. Our energy levels boosted up after Clarizza and her student Ryan, who also happens to be my friend, decided to join us.

- For some reason, I had more ideas and inputs after I started playing around with Jordan's sky-blue scarf, and had cookies and chocolates sold by the girl scouts who visited us. The high sugar content of the food, and my innate joy to play around with light cloths made me think more. Using the cloth to play around with Cleo's hair helped a big deal too. Teehee.

- We ended our meeting at around 4pm, and spent a few minutes walking around, and talking to some people. I later decided to visit my neighbor Dianne, since she told me yesterday that some of our friends were going to hang out at her house. I went there just in time, since they were already preparing to leave. Still, I was just in time to eat some noodles Dianne's dad bought from elsewhere, and to meet their friend Albert. It was funny when he started using "po/opo" with me, until I told him that we were batchmates. Haha.

- I arrived home at around 5:30, still tired and crazy from all that theater madness. I was glad that we had a lot of progress, but more progress was still needed for the story, and other nuances. The cherry on top of the day, meeting friends and Dianne at her house, also made this day a little bit more interesting.

- This is why I love my Saturdays off. I get to be myself.

2 comments: