Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Kor-Indian Day


- October 20, 2012, Saturday.

- My friend Melissa informed be a week earlier that I finally would have the chance to personally meet her Indian friend, Roshni. Roshni was introduced to me online months ago, because Melissa knew of my interest in all things Indian. According to Melissa, Roshni was also  quite fascinated with my interest in her mother culture.

- I met Melissa today to first do some errands, then went to hang out at a Korean coffee shop near La Salle/Benilde, named "Noriter." I found the place very conducive to sleeping, although the prices of the dishes may keep people awake. I think that the prices of the food were quite expensive, although/despite the food tasting not-special. The prices in general were comparable to Starbucks, but I think Starbucks provides bigger servings.

- After around an hour of waiting, Roshni, accompanied by Ema and Roshni's other friend Jagz, fetched us somewhere in the vicinity, and proceeded to The Fort.

- We reserved seats at the quite talked-about Italian restaurant named "Aria," then went around, window-shopped, and talked for a while. (I also got to try a bit of shisha, and I don't really like it, and might never do it again, but it was worth the experience. At least it satisfied my long-time curiosity on the shisha culture. Haha.)

- We later went to Aria, and loaded outselves with carbs: pizza, two pasta dishes, and a plate of Italian potato dumplings called gnocchi. The prices were a bit high, although quite expected, but the food tasted excellent. I especially commend the al dente pasta, and the freshly-made pesto.

- We all went home after, with Roshni interviewing me more, and blasting Bollywood songs from her car's audio system. We went home surprisingly earlier than expected, which I think is better though. Still, I had an awesome day meeting new friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment