Saturday, October 6, 2012

Asian Banquet with the Freshmen: I Was A Daddy For a Night


- October 6, 2012, Saturday.

- After a three- week postponing of what was supposed to be an impromptu gathering, I was able to push through with my plan of meeting with a certain group of people 5 years my junior, who used to study in the same alma mater as I did, and are now freshmen in their own fields in college.

- I met them today at Little Asia Lucky Chinatown at 6pm. The traffic around the area (even reaching my house,) so much so that many of us who lived quite close had to walk all the way to Lucky Chinatown, and those who came by car had the toughest time braving the traffic.

- It's been a while since I last saw these people, and an Asian banquet seemed to be the perfect way to celebrate this soiree, but also my post-birthday.

- My friend Robina offered to share the bill with me for her post-birthday, but I told her to pay just a small fraction of the bill, especially since she suggested that she'd treat us to dessert/milk tea. We all agreed to go to Happy Lemon....to make the night happier. Haha.

- We all proceeded to Happy Lemon, and stood around due to a lack of seats. Interestingly, we were able to move around more easily, and got to talk to each other more than we were able to during our dinner at Little Asia.

- I had a tremendous night with these people, and I look forward to having a get-together with them again, and hopefully, we'd be a bigger group (and with more food to share.)





















No comments:

Post a Comment