Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Last-Minute Afternoon


- October 27, 2012, Saturday.

- I was desperate to find someone to go out with this afternoon, since I already went out this morning to attend the cultural performance of my alma mater, and the "going out" momentum just stuck with me.

- I was already at home since noon, and thought of inviting my friend Melissa for a short mall trip in Lucky Chinatown Mall. Fortunately, she was available, and we both met in the mall around an hour later.

- We went to visit our friend Pei Mei's store first, and her little daughter was there. She still cries when she sees me. Melissa and I also took interest in the small axolotl (a kind of salamander) Pei Mei was selling. (It was worth around 2000php.)

- Melissa and I soon went back to Lucky Chinatown to try the newly-opened California Pizza Kitchen. I found this CPK branch sophisticated, and had great food, although I was a bit concerned with some of the chairs that could have broken-easily.

- Melissa and I had gelato after, and I had my first beer gelato. I found the taste interesting, despite not being a beer-drinker.

- Melissa and I went home after meeting and talking to some old friends we met along the way. I'm glad I had Melissa to hang out with during this what-could've-been-a-boring afternoon.













No comments:

Post a Comment