Wednesday, May 21, 2008

DULCE VIDA: May 21, 2008....my first Atenean production....my first Atenean play....my first original play....




We had our play as sort of a practical finals for Literature 14 (Intro to Poetry and Drama) under Mr. Francis Sollano, last May 21, 2008. Goodness....and hirap....kasi....hindi tugma tugma sched naming lahat for practices....pero buti na lang nakapag prac kami....hehe....The plays (of the 3 groups) were presented in the Fine Arts Theater, 7:30-9am (20-30mins per group).

Dulce Vida is a highly symbolic play. It is set in Spain and headed by 3 main leading ladies. A rich divorced Muslim (who apparently has luck NOT by her side) (Fatima Iq'wahab y Zindabad), a poor, abused and illiterate Catholic (Esther Hernandez y Ybanez), and a poor gypsy (gitana) scholar (Maria Layila de Oro).

My character is called shadow; a personification of time. Time dances with them, hence, the dancing parts. For the first time in my life, I performed flamenco (NOT TAP DANCE) in public. I wouldn't have done my flamenco if it wasn't for my tap shoes din....haha....too bad almost natanggal na yung isang tap plate dun sa right foot ko nung finale....

Ayun....from this play....namiss ko tuloy yung Ramayana....yung MASCKS family ko....haha....grabe pa rin ang hangover kahit more than 1 year na ang nakalipas since Feb. 10, 2007....hehe....

I would also like to thank my wonderful backstage crew....

Lynds and Joanne, thanks for being my "alarm clocks" dun sa play....(sila kasi yung alarm clocks....yung parang boses from the digital clock)

Maki, thanks for the lights....

Dane, thanks sa sounds....

Diane, thank you sa Mac Book and 2 hair extensions....

LORD!!!! (Lord as in Lord Christian Gosingtian....) Thank you sa pagpicture during the play....then thanks din para sa paper fish....

CAST (Jonathan, Rob, Aly, Reg, Rach), thank you for cooperating with me, kahit na minsan demanding ako super....haha....super thank you, super wonderful job!!!!

Other people to thank....

Mrs. Kimpo, if I was never under your tap dancing class during first sem PE in Ateneo, I wouldn't have my tap plates, kahit na binili ko yun....and I might not have the inspiration to learn other dances with "tap" concerns, like Irish dance, Kathak and Flamenco....

CKSC School of Music (Mrs. Tan), thank you for providing me with the blue farmer-like shirt that we used in 2004 for the cultural presentation....ayan, nagamit ko ulit yung damit....hehe....thanks super...

CKSC Student Council and 4-5 Astreus '08, thank you for allowing me to arbor the 2 black cloths....hehe....obvious naman kung saan ko nagamit....

Danielle Ong, (my highschool classmate na Atenean din ngayon)....alam ko indirectly kang connected sa play, pero thank you....kasi....nagamit ko yung 3 hair extensions na pinagawa ko for our 3rd year travelogue ka Mrs. Cases....hanggang ngayon alagang alaga ko pa rin....thank you super....

Shirby Sy (former classmate and super super good friend), thank you sa gigantic safety pin. Dahil dun, naging safe kami. JOKE....thank you sa pic (kahit na binili ko pa rin sa tindahan niyo....haha....) kasi nagamit yun para sa Muslim costume hehe....

Friends (dami eh), thank you for being my friends (labo....haha)....you were my inspiration for this play....

MASCKS (Moving Actors' Society of Chiang Kai Shek)....thank you for turning me into the person that I am right now....especially my Ramayana family....at least yung nagawa ko dati naulit ko sa Ateneo, although hindi na ganun kasakit sa ulo....hahahaha....this play is easier than the Ramayana....na super haggard na ako nun....haha :D:D:D:D

7 comments:

  1. Sira, mejo crappy kaya siya....nagpanic kaming lahat eh....hahahaha....!! Yung okay ninyo, super ok kaya....muntik na akong naluha....KASI AKALA KONG UMIIYAK KA....hahahaha....basta dun sa mejo huling part yun, yung pinapachoose si Runner kung anu ibibigay sa bandits....hahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, thanks....hahahaha....

    ReplyDelete