Friday, November 27, 2009

SHINee LIVE IN MANILA (In Celebration of the Philippine-Korean Friendship's 60th Anniversary)




- November 27, 2009, Friday, 5PM (but it started around 5:30 or 6. Haha)

- The tickets were FREE. (yes, I died of happiness. Haha. It was also a pain in the behind to get the ticket, since NBN was really far from my house.)

- Today, I met MG at DLSU around 1pm, and went to CCP to check if the staff would still give out extra tickets. Of course we wanted Marga to be able to see the concert as well (she wasn't able to get a ticket).

- Upon arrival, a Korean volunteer told us that there was a line for people who are going to get the extra tickets, and there was a line for people who had tickets. Since we had tickets (our seats were nice enough btw), we lined up in the extra tickets line, so we could hopefully ask for another ticket for Marga.

- SHINee World (SHINee's fans club) came later with their sky blue shirts. I recognized some of them since they're my friends from Ateneo :D:D:D:D YEY ATENEO. :D:D:D:D

- Marga came moments later, and MG and I went to our people-who-have-tickets line. It was a bit difficult to contact Marga since her cellphone battery was nearly running out of juice (mins ran out of juice moments later as well). We later found out that Marga wasn't able to get a ticket, since the staff only gave out around 30 more tickets. Boooo Epic Fail moment.

- Our people-who-have-tickets line was really really long, but it moved fast, since people already had tickets. Hahahaha. The guards also attempted to speak to us in "Korean" and "Korean-accent-English" because they thought MG and I were Koreans. I quickly talked to the guards in Tagalog so they'd let us in faster. (And yes, they did let us in faster. Haha)

- Our seats were located at Balcony 1. It's nice enough since we could see the whole stage in a very nice angle. The people on the stage were a bit tiny though....but I guess not too tiny like how I saw David Archuleta from my seat in MOA last May (yes I miss David Archuleta. Haha)

- So before SHINee (obviously they were placed at the end), there were a few performances from various performers, both Filipinos and Koreans. The event was hosted by Luis Manzano and Isak, a Korean VJ (I hope I got this correct.)

- First, Teatro Miguel opened the event with their variety of colorful, graceful, and impressive Filipino dances. Speeches were made afterwards by the Korean Ambassador and Hon. Alberto Romula from the DFA.

- Gabriela "Avii" Pineda, a Miriam College student who won various Korean singing contests here in the Philippines, performed Wonder Girls' Nobody with her posee. On the other hand, Yang Sang Heon, a 13-year-old Korean who's studying here in Manila and a resident of the country for about 1.5 years, sang Freddie Aguilar's Anak. He did an impressive job with the song. No one knew he was only here for 1.5 years. He was made to perform because he won Filipino singing contests here as well. A few members from the Aritangtown-Philippines danced to various famous Kpop songs (like songs from SHINee, Suju, SNSD....etc)

- To end the first part of the concert, our very own Brownman Revival sang three songs.

- During the intermission, a video was shown about the Korean-Filipino relationship through time, and a few messages to the Filipinos from various KPop groups. Of course, Sandara might have had the most appealing message since she spoke in Filipino.

- The second part started with Isak singing a Kelly Clarkson song. Later on, Lucky and Isak introduced Mighty Mouth.

- After Mighty Mouth's 2 songs, Winterplay had their turn. I particularly like their Gypsy Girl song, since I like gypsy sounds. :D:D:D:D It was their last song. (They're promoting their album btw, their album will be released in the Philippines around Feb 2010)

- NOW...........................................


SHINee'S TURN TO PERFORM!!!! (Too bad Taemin got the swine flu "in such a short notice". So it was basically "SHINee - 1". Taemin wants people to know that he's ok. Hahahaha. GOOD.)

- SHINee performed 3 songs: Stand By Me (from Boys Over Flowers), Juliette, and Ring Ding Dong.

- I took relatively few photos of SHINee because I WAS TOO BUSY VIDEO-ING THEM (I uploaded the videos in the videos section). I guess the videos are better. I really feel sorry for friends who weren't able to watch the concert. I greeted some of them during the Juliette video. Hahahaha.

- When SHINee was done performing, they rushed off the stage, and the audience rushed out to stalk SHINee. Haha. SHINee was in a hurry to catch their flight back to Korea. (Awwwwwwww. :( :( :( :( )

- MG and I went out around 8pm, and searched for Marga. We couldn't contact her properly because her phone died, my phone died, and MG's phone was the only one alive. It was just like the seach for the holy grail. HAHA. (Ma-flatter ka naman Marga. Holy Grail ka daw.) It was also like playing hide-and-seek. Two "it"s and one person "hiding".

- MG and I search every corner of Harbor Square, and did not come out successful. Many fans were still at the CCP complex waiting for SHINee to come of from the tiny door at the back. MG and I assumed Marga was there.... and yes she was.

- We saw her walk to Harbor Square after SHINee's bus left. She only saw Minho's hair, a "possible Onew". Haha. We went to Korean Village to eat our late-much dinner.

- In Korean Village, we had free appetizers, free soup, bibimbap, grilled beef, kimchi chige (a sort of SUPER HOT soup), and kimbap. I ate too much too quickly, that I felt like I was about to explode. I went to the restroom afterwards. Thankfully I didn't puke (puking: one of the strangest, most comfortable sensations the world has ever known). I also adjusted my belt from the third hole to the first hole. HAHAHAHA. I felt better afterwards, thank God.

- We went home around 10:50. I rode Marga's car now, since my house was on the way anyway. :D:D:D:D

- Marga and Grace, thanks for a wonderful SHINee day. The best might not have turned out (Marga not being able to watch, and Taemin not being able to come here in our nice littly country), but it is a day worth remembering.


*The sun is bright....and SHINee*

*I am a happy happy boy. A very happy and fat one.*




*SHINee looks the same in person and on video. Hahahaha.*



****RIP to my black mailman bag. A part of it was badly ripped (by accident), good thing it somewhere in the top part, not below. At least I was able to use it for a last time.

36 comments:

  1. Odiba. Haha. Pero mabilis naman yung line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NagJTA ka kasi eh. HAHAHAHA. JOKE. :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DID NOT SEE YOU! ANDUN DIN AKO. HAHAHAHAHA. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU DIN EH. :)) :)) :)) :)) Saan banda ka nakaupo??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sa may Orchestra. Hahaha. XD OMG ONEW. XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HEITCHU BAKET NAKAPAG ORCHESTRA KA???? HAHAHAHA :)) :)) :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. DIBADIBA ANG ROUND NIYA :)) :)) :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes he is. Hahahaha. Good enough to eat. HAHAHAHA. I like hakaw. They're round and white just like Onew. Pero ang hakaw kasi, may hipon din. :)) :)) :)) :)) (ano daw??)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connections kasi. Magaling ang friend ko. XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. SANA CINONNECT MO DIN AKO :)) :)) :)) :)) Joke :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oonga. Hindi ko naintindihan. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. grabe Gilbert!!!! you like SHinee?! Hahahaha...=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hindi masyadong obvious :)) :)) :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ang lucky ni Lucky, nameet nya si Isak tsaka ung SHINee...

    *gets hit by rocks because of corniness*

    ReplyDelete
  15. alam ko yan! haha! pero di ko alam na ginagamit sa korean village. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oonga eh. Ok lang hindi lang ikaw nagsasabi niyan. Actually sinabi ko rin yan kay MG kagabi. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They don't use it parati kasi eh. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. naflatter na ako!! holy grail! hahaha

    ReplyDelete