Saturday, September 11, 2010

Early Birthday Tea Party :D:D:D:D




- Sept. 11, 2010, Saturday, 9/11 9th Anniversary, exactly 2 weeks before my birthday

- Today was a special day. Well, at least this afternoon. Since DLSU is currently savoring its last days of their term break, Marga and Clarisse were free. We decided to meet together, so Marga can give us the pasalubong she bought from her trip to Singapore (she had a conference there,) Clarisse can give her pasalubong from her trip to the Shanghai Expo, I can give Clarisse here pasalubong from Baguio (gave Marga hers already,) and so I can also celebrate an early birthday "(Chinese) tea party," as well as a day-late Eid-ul-Fitr celebration (I'm not Muslim....I just like to acknowledge the Muslim holiday.) I even wore my African dashiki today to "celebrate" Eid.

- The three of us met around 2:45 in the afternoon, and had a lot of dimsum. The three of us talked like we haven't seen each other for a long time. Well, the last time I met up Marga was around 3 months ago - but Clarisse?? I can't imagine that the last time I saw her was the day Ondoy came (the day after my birthday.)

- Not much has happened the whole afternoon, aside from filling our tummies with food, and filling our heads and hearts with stories. Of course, future (ambitious) travel plans were never out of the topic, and we just hoped that we'd have enough money for all our "travel plans."

- They say that time flies when you're having fun -but this afternoon was different. Time allowed itself to stop for us, so we could catch up with one another as much as we could for what was supposed to be a mere 2 hours. Clarisse' car arrived around 5, and handed me the stuff she bought from her China-Japan-Korea trip during her Shanghai Expo Cruise. The special item in her set of pasalubongs?? A DVD of India's history. ♥♥♥♥

- Thanks guys. :D:D:D:D

3 comments: