Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Preparation to the Final Farewell: Ateneo's Blue Roast 2011!!




- March 23, 2011, Wednesday

- Today, we had yet another one of Ateneo's yearly traditions to its seniors: the Ateneo Blue Roast. It's a big party held at the Bellarmine Field, where seniors are gathered together as a big family to celebrate. Bands play on stage, some students/orgs perform too, and the highlight of the night was supposed to be the giving of the Blue Rose. The blue rose was supposed to be given to the student's ORSEM (orientation seminar) crush. Due to circumstances, students also give away their blue roses to their significant others, friends, random people, or simply leave them elsewhere (like Fr. dela Costa's statue.)

- I met Bless around 1pm, so we could go to Ateneo earlier to get my really heavy yearbook. Afterwards, Bless and I headed to Gateway to shop for Bless' friend's gift, and to eat something before going back again to school for the Blue Roast.

- A supposed "merienda" turned out to be a pig-out session in Burgoo. We couldn't even finish our food that we had to have the leftovers wrapped up to go. We soon returned to Ateneo, and went to find our friends. The person at the entrance told me that I couldn't bring food inside the event; I was carrying a plastic with a big styro container containing the leftovers from Burgoo. I dragged Bless to one far side, had her help me transfer the leftovers directly to the plastic, and disposed the styro container properly. Thank God I was able to sneak in the food. I didn't want to throw away the leftovers.

- Soon, Sang, Samuel, and etc. sat with me. I soon kept on going around the BIG field to look for friends to take pictures with, exchange grad photos, or chat a little. I wasn't even able to pay attention to the program while doing this. Also, I did not even eat the whole night because I was still full from our pig-out session.

- When the hosts informed us that we were already allowed to give away our roses, I had a hard time thinking of whom to give the rose to. I soon gave my rose to a blockmate friend that I saw. Hahahaha. A friend of mine gave me a rose, but instead of keeping it, I gave it away to my friend, the president of SHINeeWorld Philippines. Haha. (I really really appreciate my friend giving me the rose, but I did not want to bring the rose home. Thank you so much!!)

- The whole event ended with big big fireworks, and waiting for each other to meet up and hitch a ride with Danica home. Weird thing is that Danica was going to be brought home by someone else, and the rest of us ending up riding Danica's car without Danica herself. (This is still a mystery until today.)

- I am glad that I decided to go to the Blue Roast this evening. I was having doubts about going to the event because I am not really used to these "loud" events, surrounded by people drinking. Again, I don't drink. Weird thing I noticed though was that a number of philosophy professors were in the event as well; I was able to see two of my philosophy professors. Hahahaha. Yikes. :)) :)) :)) :))

No comments:

Post a Comment