Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pabaon 2011: A Farewell to Ateneo's Batch 2011




- March 3, 2011, Thursday

- I met Cham this morning at around half past seven in SEC Walk, and waited for the offices to open to finish our clearances, and other concerns. While being half asleep, we took pictures of the SEC cat, before slowly walking towards the SocSci building.

- Surprisingly, we were done with our agenda in ten minutes, even less. Since Cham had much time to spare before his morning Pabaon session, I ate in the caf, while he stared at my food, and messed around with me. (You just want my Gibby breakfast and you know it. Haha.) I ate my typical Gibby breakfast for the last time - rice, two sausages (usually Hungarian,) fried egg, and a bottle of pineapple juice (sometimes calamansi, as long as it's citrus.)

- After Cham left, I hung out in the library, and soon attended my Jap class. It was my only non-senior class, so classes still went on without me. The class, including Carlos sensei, was surprised to see me again, and warmly welcomed me to join the class. (After all, I am part of the class.) Today's lesson was a continuation of Genki's fifth chapter. Carlos sensei also taught us how to input Japanese characters using the language bar.

- After Jap class, I had lunch at the caf with a bunch of the silliest Comm people, before walking towards the Henry Lee Irwin for our afternoon Pabaon. While marching under the heat, I saw a guy wearing the SAME POLO walking towards me. Instead of letting the sleeves down like I did, he folded his. It was a really awkward moment. I wonder if he noticed it too. Oh well.

- It was a good idea to wear a long-sleeved polo today because the Henry Lee Irwin Theater was as cold as a freezer. Typical Henry Lee Irwin Theater.

- As people settled down, the funny Filipino professor Ariel Diccion, the emcee, opened the Pabaon with his antics. He sometimes interviewed people about their favorite spots in school, or favorite food in the caf, and all the usual let's-have-a-flashback questions.

- This afternoon's speakers and guests were VP Vergara, SOSE Dean Dayrit, SOSS Dean Cruz, Sir Bobby Guev (ehem, DR. Bobby Guev....he just received his PhD a few weeks ago,) Sir Sev (YAY COMM DEPT,) Risa Hontiveros, and of course, Fr. Ben Nebres. Aside from letting these people give important pieces of advice that would surely guide us through our lives, we were also given the chance to write letters to a professor, a batchmate friend, a non-teaching personnel, and of course, personal messages to Fr. Ben; he would be "graduating" with us this year.

- The three-hour event ended with much joy and sadness. People coped up by taking lots and lots and lots of photos outside the theater.

- As of now, only my theo prof hasn't submitted our grades, and I'm dying to know if I passed. :|:|:|:| Still, this afternoon gave me hope for a better future, including marching on the 25th with my fellow batchmates. :D:D:D:D

4 comments: