Friday, March 26, 2010

Instituto Cervantes Week 2 (Days 3 and 4)




- March 24,26, 2010 (Wednesday and Friday)

- My second week in the Instituto went well, gladly. I was tasked by mg Spanish boss to edit my Wikipedia article on the Instituto's annual film festival called "Pelicula," as well as the Chinese article about Dia del Libro that I am about to send to the newspaper companies in a couple of days. (Just in case you're wondering, my boss edited the English translation of the Chinese article I wrote. Hehe.)

- I also had the opportunity to meet a Korean intern from DLSU named Yunji, aka Tina. She was initially confused when I attempted to talk to her in Korean. Then again, she was nice enough to teach me some Korean things. Yey!!

- Our department tried to come up with something short and catchy to be places behind the Dia el Libro invites. :D:D:D:D

- Friday (today) wasn't too bad either. I called up the participants for the Dia and confirmed those who haven't confirmed if they would be going to the event and sell their books. Aside from that, I also helped Tina with the volunteers for the Dia. By the way, I met Ea too, the other La Sallian intern.

- We had lunch at the Cafe de las Letras, the restaurant/coffee shop inside the Instituto. I was surprised that the dishes weren't as expensive as I thought hey were. The prices were around 100+, the dishes were filling, and they were also perfectly made. The Cafe served pasta dishes, pizzas, sandwiches, sausages, and other small dishes. Not too Spanish-y though, but still worth a try. :D:D:D:D

- My afternoon was pretty much boring, since my boss can't think of anything for me to do. By the time he had thought of something (sticking stickers for envelopes to be sent elsewhere,) it was already time for me to go home. Hahahaha.

- Oh yeah, I also made my first actual phone call....in Spanish. HAHAHAHA. I frantically searched for words in my noggin. :|:|:|:|

6 comments:

  1. the salad looks yummy
    may ojt ka na pala haha good luck guru :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahut bahut dhanyavaad :D:D:D:D Hahahaha. Masarap yung salad, pero not too Greek for me (Greek salad name nung salad.) Pero kahit hindi siya super Greek, it's nice. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The korean girl was my classmate in one subject last term :)) Don't know her Sa face lang :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I see. That's interesting. Hehe. She's mabait naman. :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parang nakikipose cya with you oh! Haha!

    ReplyDelete