Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Selamat Datang Ke Manila, Edi Saputra!!




- March 3, 2010, Wednesday.

- Theo and histo might have gotten in the way of today's adventure, but preparing for both classes in an OC manner might have given me enough time to take my mind off school for once. Things had been a bit hectic lately, and cramming isn't in my vocabulary.

- ANYWAY, today's adventure was special, because Danica's friend from Singapore (who happened to be an exchange student from Indonesia) came to Manila for an Economics conference. His name is Edi Saputra. :) :) :) :)

- Danica informed me a few days before about today, and I just had to say "yes" before my schoolwork completely devours me.

- I met Danica today at the LRT1 Gil Puyat Station around 5pm. Danica picked me up a few minutes after I had arrived in Gil Puyat, and promptly rode to Edi's hotel.

- Danica laughed at my batik polo, and told me that she was supposed to tour an Indonesian around Manila, not two. I on the other hand told Danica how I had a crash course in Bahasa Indonesia the night before, so I could at least say a few words or phrases to Edi in Bahasa.

- Edi's hotel, Orchid Garden Suites, wasn't too far away. Traffic only made the car ride a bit longer.

- We arrived at Edi's cozy hotel minutes later, and we were introduced to each other formally by Danica. Edi initially thought I was Indonesian because I spoke my first few phrases to him in Bahasa. "No no, he's from the Philippines." Danica explained.

- Edi prepared his things, while Danica and I sat at a nice spot in the lobby. If Sonya's Garden in Tagaytay were to be made into a hotel, I think it would look something like Orchid Garden Suites.

- Edi came back to the lobby a few moments later, and we rode off to MOA to see the sunset. While we were stuck in slightly heavy traffic, the three of us were able to talk to each other more. Aside from that, Danica and I explained some of the things and landmarks we saw while on the way to MOA. Obvsiouly, CCP, Star City and PICC were part of the list.

- Upon arrival, we were dropped off at the Manila Bay side of MOA, so we were able to catch the sunset a few minutes before it waved goodbye at us. After a few pictures, we headed towards the Hypermarket to get a few things Edi needed during his stay in the Philippines.

- Shopping for Edi's things was fun, seriously. At least I got to push the tiny apply-green pushcart, and arranged Edi's items in the cart. Talk about my sudden OC attack again.

- After shopping, we met Danica's mom at the mall's entrance, and rode to Dampa for dinner.

- Danica's mom was extremely talented in picking out the freshest and the fattes shrimps, tuna bellies, oysters, and seaweeds (that "looked like grapes," as Edi would put it.) While buying things in the wet market, there was this random kid who pulled a roped crab. I think it was his, um, pet?? I don't know.

- While having our big big "banquet-like" dinner, Danica's mom and I bombarded Edi with more questions. We exchanged a lot of stories, while we filled our tummies with cholesterol and love.

- We left around 9 something in the evening, and I did wish that I had more time to tour Edi around Manila while messing with Danica, before both of them go back to Singapore this weekend to continue their exchange program. I'll be left here, and be made to suffer theo and histo more. Oh well.

- This was my first adventure after 2 months and a few days. At least I can assure myself that part of my sanity had been given back to me from the forces that stole it from me recently (aka, my core subjects.)

- Hopefully, I could go to Indonesia some day, and revisit Singapore. :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment