Friday, January 21, 2011

Twice the Size of A Regular Birthday: The Two-In-One Dynamite-Filled Celebration




- January 21, 2011, Friday, Clarisse and Jason's birthdays.

- Clarisse invited Marga and me to her birthday around a week ago, and it was obviously a must for us to go. It's a yearly tradition - sort of. Since it was her brother Jason's birthday too, I was told that Jason would be bringing a friend of his to the celebration.

- After coming home from my Barong Tagalog hunt in Tutuban with mom, I wrapped my gift, and prepared myself for the evening. As for my attire, I wanted to try something different. Instead of dressing up in a plain British-Chinese attire (a.k.a. my preppy contemporary Chinese look,) I decided to over-accessorize my wrists. Aside from wearing the turtle necklace Eric gave me months ago, I wore my yellow Buddhist-like necklace as a bracelet, including the bracelet that came with the necklace, on one arm, and wore my Buddha, Kwanima, and prayer-bead bracelets on the other. Now, I really looked like a contemporary-Oxfordian-Buddhist fan. Oh well.

- I arrived at Clarisse' house around 5:30 in the afternoon, and waited for her other family members to arrive. As we waited, Clarisse, her other brother Kevin, and I watched the American Idol auditions.

- The rain started to pour as the auditions got worse. We were a bit worried too since Jason hasn't come home yet. There was a mix up with the driver, Clarisse and Jason's cake, and Jason's whereabouts, and whatnot. In the end, we left Clarisse' house around 8pm.

- After arriving at Hanobe restaurant (somewhere in QC,) we met up with Clarisse' cousin and his wife, and we immediately ordered food to eat. I must say, the service was INCREDIBLY fast. Platter after platter filled the table, while Clarisse and I were a bit worried about Marga; we weren't sure if she would still come since we couldn't contact her. Even if we were able to contact her, all she said was that she was quite near, or on her way. At least we got to talk to her finally.

- When Marga finally arrived, she immediately became the star of the night. We were also "not rudely" staring at her while she caught her breath and ate. Since dead silence filled the air, Clarisse tried to lighten up the mood by making me talk about random things. As I continued to chat with Marga while she was eating, Clarisse' grandmom told me to refrain from talking to Marga, so she could eat. I told her that Marga was "simply resting" so she could eat more. After all, Marga needed to catch her breath from thesis stress, and road stress - she drove from La Salle to her house, then to Hanobe, while suffering heavy traffic.

- The quick night ended by the usual birthday song, in English and Korean (courtesy of Marga and me,) and Clarisse letting us taste her red velvet cake from Karen Young. I have to say, the cake was moist, not too sweet, and red. Heehee.

- We all went home after we noticed that the steel gates of Hanobe were being pulled down. The party continued in Clarisse' car as we spazzed over Taio Cruz's Dynamite. Don't ask my why. It just happened. Haha.

"I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying AYO!
Gotta let go!
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Saying AYO!
Baby, let's go!"

- Dynamite by Taio Cruz. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment