Friday, January 28, 2011

TGIF Afternoon Soiree With Renee!!




- January 28, 2011, Friday

- I have been pretty stressed lately, not to mention sleep deprived (blame today's media law exam and report.) Because I felt like I needed to unwind WITHOUT SHOPPING....I asked Renee last night if she were busy today. After she told me that she didn't have plans for the day after her morning orientation in her school, I told her that I wanted to meet up. After all, I haven't seen Renee since last year, I think. (Her debut??)

- I met Renee today at the Binondo Church. While waiting for Renee, I strolled around the church, and marveled little things that made me remember my childhood, my ethnicity, my adventures. Things like small burning red candles, rosaries, tourists, even the church itself. It may not be as fancy and extremely luxurious as the churches in Europe, but the church still stands as an icon of history, liberty, faith, and solidarity.

- After Renee arrived, we immediately walked towards Cafe Mezzanine. It was another restaurant that was dear to me, since I did have many nice memories with it too. I last ate here last March, when I first met my Korean friend, Sang. It was nice to see the old purple-and-fireman theme of the restaurant.

- Renee and I ordered a lot of food, so we could stay longer. I received text messages here and there, about a pending MASCKS meeting this afternoon. Part of me wanted to have the meeting, so I would be able to see my fellow MASCKS members again, but part of me wanted the meeting to be cancelled, so I could spend more time with Renee. I supposed the meeting for the actors was cancelled since I didn't receive more text messages regarding the meeting.

- Renee and I had an extensive flashback regarding our lives so far, and even talked about our present lives in our universities. Still, our memories of the old Ramayana play brought us back once again to our golden days as stage performers. We might not be performers (per se) anymore, but performance will forever be one of our vocations in life.

- I thought it was funny, amusing, and appropriate enough of Royce, the "heir apparent" of the Purple Dynasty, to come to the restaurant to entertain a few cameramen from ABS-CBN. I didn't know why they were day, and I had a hunch that it probably had something to do with the upcoming lunar new year. Still, Royce was also kind enough to talk to Renee and me; he's still funny as always.

- Lennie called us up around 5pm, and was telling us how nervous she was of the miting de avance; she was running for president for DLSU's AIESEC. Renee and I tried to "cheer" her up, encouraged her, and peppered the conversation with random feel-good-and-funny things to make her feel more comfortable.

- Renee and I grabbed a bowl of banana split while waiting for Lennie's call, just to see how she went with the miting de avance. Lennie, however, took a long time before she called us up. Since it was minutes before sunset, Renee and I decided to go home.

- I am excited about Lennie's situation, but I was already satisfied with my afternoon with Renee. My Friday had truly given me "hope and light" to a nice and productive weekend. Aside from this, I really appreciated the whole reminiscing thing. Sometimes people need to sit down, and look back on all the things the they have been through. Many people ignore the past, and see their past experiences as childish or even superfluous. The past, whether good or bad, will forever be the stepping stones of the present being. It is also a humbling and enlightening experience.

2 comments:

  1. parang may philo hangover ka pa habang sinusulat mo to :)) (oh, wait super tagal na pala nito hahaha)

    ReplyDelete