Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dinner After the Journey: A Visit, And Yellow Cab Binondo




- May 5, 2011, Thursday.

- After finally uploading and blogging all of my photos, I had more time to spare to meet up with people to give them their souvenirs from my trinational adventure. I was supposed to meet Monica at Pancake House today, but she told me this afternoon that she couldn't leave her house; her elder sister was coming home from Singapore, so she needed to standby at home. She still asked me to come over to get her graduation gift for me. Knowing that I couldn't have an early dinner with her, I invited some of my high school friends to have dinner in nearby Binondo, so I could also give them their souvenirs on the way home, after dinner.

- I arrived at Monica's house around 5 in the afternoon, with her friendly dogs greeting me. She hurriedly asked me to sit down, and tell her all about my trip. Since I had hours to spare before my dinner, I narrated my adventures, both good and bad situations, in great detail.

- At around 6:30pm, my friends started to text and call me, asking me of my whereabouts. I told that I was on my way, since I was already nearing the end of my narration to Monica. I left Monica's house around 7 in the evening, and ran towards the other side of Ongpin, to Yellow Cab Binondo.

- Bless, Marvinson, and I ordered the Yellow Cab promo and a pasta dish. We also waited for Nathalie, who told us that she'd be dropping by later. Because my mom, tourmates, tour guides, and other random people were the only ones I spoke to during the last two weeks, all my words came out like an endless record.

- I was able to meet other friends in Yellow Cab as well. My friends told me that Yellow Cab was my second home, since I knew at least one person from almost all tables. That was just a big big coincidence. Still, I concentrated on talking to my high school buddies, talking about the usual topics, aside from my trip to India, Nepal, and Thailand.

- The four of us left around 10 in the evening, with Bless, Faj, and I walking Nathalie to her house nearby. The three of us went to my house, so Bless and Faj could choose their souvenirs.

- It was great to have this sudden dinner, although it would have been better if we were more than four. Still, we're trying to cook up something for the latter part of May, when our two friends would be coming back from Taiwan. Once more, hello Manila, and cheers to more adventures!! :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment