Saturday, May 7, 2011

Taste-Testers To The Task!!!!




- May 7, 2011, Saturday

- Clarisse invited me and Marga over to her house, so we could hang out with her while she baked with her siblings. Normally we'd meet in Golden Fortune to have dimsum, but Clarisse asked me to bring dimsum to her house. Instead of brining dimsum from Golden Fortune, we decided to eat the vegetable dumplings from Lanzhou Lamian.

- After lunch, I immediately took out an order of steamed dumplings (120php/15pcs) and went to Clarisse' house around 2pm. I arrived at her house with Clarisse and Kevin preparing cookies, and cooked pretzels at the side.

- Minutes later, Margarette joined us, and so our trio has united once again after several months of schoolwork, or post-schoolwork matters. We all talked and chatted in the kitchen, until we decided to eat the dumplings upstairs, as well as some of Clarisse' baked goodies. Before that, Clarisse packed Marga and I a set of cookies each. Clarisse' chewy cinnamon cookies were not placed far apart during baking, so the cookies spread out, and finally forming a honeycomb-like structure. Even so, Clarisse' cinnamon cookies was one of the best cookies I've ever had in my entire life.

- We chatted more upstairs in Clarisse' room while enjoying the airconditioning system. Kevin and Wilbert joined us in the room to enjoy the aircon too, and spent spent some time eating, playing games, or chatting. Margarette introduced Clarisse to another Korean series, and Clarisse fell in love with the story. She immediately got hooked, so much so that when it was time for us to play Rockband 3, Clarisse chose to start watching the series via youtube, while Kevin, Marga, and I "destroyed" the instruments.

- Marga and I decided to go home at around 6:30pm, when Marga saw a lighting streak in the sky. The rain started to fall seconds after we left Clarisse' house. Marga was able to ride a jeep home, and I decided to ride the LRT, even if my house was just a station away from Clarisse' house. However, the electricty fluctuated inside the LRT station, so I ended up riding a jeep, and a trike to my house. Good thing I came home safely.

- Despite the irritating raincloud that seemed to have followed me from Nepal and Thailand (luckily not India,) I still hope that Marga and I will be able to go to Clarisse house and taste more of her baking goodies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment