Friday, June 3, 2011

And So The Mutant Dimsum Dishes Disappear: Chinatown And Robinson's Place with Carpool People. :D:D:D:D




- June 3, 2011, Friday.

- My carpool group and I finally met again after our April Shangri-La trip. Since Danica's driver was not around these days, we thought of having a foodtrip in nearby Binondo. We all decided to meet in Danica's house, and decide where we'd want to eat.

- This morning, I arrived home around 11:10 after my piano lesson, and met Samuel, who was waiting for me at the lobby. I told him to go to Charmaine's house and meet with her, while I go back to my house and change my bag.

- We soon walked to Danica's house, and waited for Anne and Mich to arrive. When everyone was already there, we had a hard time deciding where to eat, and what we're going to do next before having dimsum in Golden Fortune.

- We decided to eat at Sincerity, since some of us haven't eaten there, or haven't eaten there in a while. Although Sincerity was supposed to be within the Binondo area, walking there - especially under the high noon sun- sure was a tiring trip. Since it was noon, Sincerity was unsurprisingly fully-booked. The waitress told us to sit upstairs, much to our surprise, because none of us knew that there were more seats upstairs. Those of us who have eaten in Sincerity only had experience eating at the ground floor.

- We ordered chicken, oyster cake, kikiam (not like the ones sold in the streets; better known as "ngo hiong",) and noodles. While we ate and talked about oh-so-random things, we had more difficulty deciding on what to do before dimsum time, than choosing the restaurant for lunch. We couldn't do anything in Binondo aside from eating, and it would be a chore if we'd battle with the ocean of people in 168. We decided that it was best for us to go to Robinson's Place and watch a movie instead. Goodbye dimsum.

- We rode a taxi to RP, and I still don't know how the six of us fit inside the small taxi. We arrived at RP minutes later, and immediately bought tickets for the 2:30 X-Men movie. Good thing we decided to ride a cab instead of a jeep, or the LRT. The doors of the theater were about to open, and people were already lined up, so they could get good seats.

- The movie X-Men obviously played around with the effects. Mystique has always been one of my favorite characters, and she even appealed to me more after seeing how "young" Mystique looked like. I'm not an avid Marvel fan (but I find their creations interesting,) so I don't read much about the characters' lives. Still, I thought it was interesting to see the "original" X-Men, instead of the usual group (Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey, etc.) I also found the back-story of the modern X-Men highly-bloody, and intriguing.

- After the movie, we all headed to Serenitea, until Samuel and Anne had to leave. The four of us who remained waited for Danica's mom to fetch us, and roamed around while waiting. :D:D:D:D For our next adventure, I think we'll need to wait for Danica's driver to come back, or for one of us to drive the whole bunch elsewhere, now that most of us have learned how to drive. (As for people like me, I need to have a car before I can drive. Haha.)



****I just noticed that I wasn't able to take a picture of the shirt I was wearing today. My shirt wrote: "Laging Gutom." HAHAHAHA.

3 comments:

  1. (what he said) hahaha! confused ka na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Myords, Bino. OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. WHOOPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. (EDIT EDIT....)

    ReplyDelete