Saturday, June 18, 2011

Eurasia: Spanish and Indian Manilan Adventure!!




- June 18, 2011, Saturday.

- Hurray to free cuts that made my first Saturday afternoon in school stress-free. To celebrate this, I asked Samuel if he was available this afternoon, so we could have our adventure today instead of Monday, when I suppose the temple in Little India would be closed due to the national holiday.

- After school, I came home, changed clothes, had lunch, and waited for Samuel to tell me if he was already near the LRT station. I soon met him around 1:30, rode the train to United Nations and walked all the way to Little India.

- I told Samuel that we couldn't visit the Hindu temple today because a wedding was taking place there. So much for schedule changes, huh. Well Samuel seemed to be interested in looking at the Sikh temple, and all the other stores in Little India. I bought some tea in Simron's. Missed the aromatic and subtely-flavored Indian tea in India. I also bought Samuel a money envelope. Haha.

- We soon ate a light light after-lunch meal in Assad Cafe. The cook who specialized in Indian food was on break when we got there, so we ate the samosas we bought in Assad Minimart. We later ate Kashmiri Fish Curry and some chapattis, and ate our "dessert" afterwards: a ladoo and a black jamun each.

- Samuel insisted on visiting the Hindu Temple, so he could see at least see what it looked like from the outside. I agreed, and so we rode a trike to the temple after the meal.

- We saw a lot of people outside the temple, and got to see a glimpse of the wedding since the front door of the function hall was open. Saw a lot of nice textile there. HAHA.

- We walked towards Instituto as the small droplets of rain fell from the sky. We even got a little lost along the way, for some strange reason. We got to the Instituto minutes later, and found out from the guad, Kuya Allan, that El Dia Espanol (Day of the Spanish Language) already finished an hour or more before we arrived. Funny, since the El Dia Espanol last year lasted until around 5pm or more.

- Samuel and I still went inside to see the "remnants" of the event, and saw some of the giant board games and "legal wall drawings" in the exhibit hall. I also showed Samuel the library, stayed there to cool off, got some free brochures, and took a look at them.

- We soon decided to leave, since Samuel had another appointment in MOA after our adventure, and I had to organize the thick readings I got earlier. Gah. I hope I survive graduate school. I really hope I do. :(( :(( :(( :((

6 comments:

  1. LOL, Gilbert, adik sa Little India! And this makes the nth person you've brought to Little India! :))

    J/K; nothing wrong with that - I totally understand the feeling. It's the same case with me (just replace Little India with Japan). :D Hay, buti ka pa, nasa Manila lang ang Little India - I dream of taking my friends around Japan, but... yeah, it's not like it's easy to organize a trip abroad. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's OK. Haha. Samuel told me na hindi pa raw kayo nagkakilala ever. Which is weird din daw since we were in the same table during Blue Roast. Hahahaha. And yes, you're the nth person I brought to Little India (the first ever Little India adventure can be found in one of the first few albums in the last page, or the second to the last. HAHA.) Matagal na naming napag-usapan ni Samuel na dadalhin ko siya there, so today was the big day. We didn't go inside the temple kasi there was a wedding going on. Nice textile and blingbling sequence thingies sewn on the saris, cholis, and salwar kameezes. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ginugulo ko yung buhok ko para magkaroon ng volume." <---- Sige ikaw na Samuel. :)) :)) :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep!! I didn't see the couple though. It would've been nice to see actual wedding costumes.

    ReplyDelete