Friday, December 2, 2011

Oh, Such An International Friday - Another "Trip Around the World??"




- December 2, 2011, Friday.

- I never expected this day to be one of the most interesting Fridays I've had in a while. I guess I could say that this day seemed to be internationally-themed, which obviously tickled my multicultural hyperness.


I. Lingo de la Lingua Europa

- This week, Europan language institutes, as well as academic institutions collaborated in order to celebrate the week of European languages. For each day this week, certain Euro-language-related events took place a venue a day; today was "Ateneo's day."

- The lineup of events for Ateneo included free demo language classes, talks, and booths by the Euro-language institutes. I was fortunate to visit the language institutes' booths during my lunch break, and was very glad to see LV, a colleague during my internship in Instituto Cervantes de Manila.

- Later on, Aurore, a French professor from UP, who was also affiliated I think with the French embassy, wanted to show us this giant shrimp-like moth in the parking lot. Since we had nothing better to do, LV and I followed Aurore back to the parking lot, and saw this larger-than-my-palm moth stuck to a big car. The saffron-white moth's paper wings seemed fragile, and a bit wrinkly, and its body still looked like its caterpillar body. A bit freaky, but awesome.

- After going back to the language-institute booths, I was able to get some freebies (yay!!) from the different language institutes. I got a baller and keychain from Goethe Institut (German,) lanyards from Allicance Francaise (French,) and awesome bookmarks from Societa Dante Alighieri (Italian.) I didn't get anything from Instituto, especially since I already have a lot of Instituto goodies from my OJT and other Instituto events I attended. Haha.


II. Auditions

- After work, I rushed to visit my high school alma mater to attend (and judge) auditions for the upcoming production of MASCKS (my former theater club.)


- I think today was the first time I seemed to be "stern" during auditions, and I felt like some were a bit scared by my not-usual smiley-and-colorful aura. Well, things went well I think.

- I later met CKSC alumni Jan Carlo and Sandy at the CKSC lobby. Carlo and I had a rich conversation about languages and other theater related stuff. I decided to go home around 6:30, since I had to attend my last agenda for the day.


III. Soiree

- I met Marga and Michelle at the Kamayan-Dad's-Saisaki restaurant near Robinson's Place. We decided days earlier to have a tiny get together there, and Michelle suggested that we eat there, since the restaurant featured Filipino, Japanese, and Western cuisine.

- Marga and I met around 7:45pm, and waited a long time for Michelle, who got stuck in traffic. Marga seemed to be in a bad mood since she was hungry, and finally stood up to eat 30 minutes later.

- I liked how the restaurant had Christmas freebies when people would order drinks. Marga and I each got a stuffed-toy Christmas sock, and Michelle later received a stuffed-toy candy cane. Cute.

- Michelle arrived around 9:30pm - in a really nice dress - and was able to maximize her 30-minutes-before-closing eating time. Needless to say, we also had a lot of multicultural conversations - and multilingual ones too.

- We finished dinner after closing time, and went to Robinson's to walk around before finally hitching a ride with Marga home. I am still tired from a fully-colorful-and-multicultura/multilingual day, but I can't help but be happy, since it's one of the best kinds of fun I've had in a while. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment