Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Unmasking MASCKS: The Long-Awaited Jane Doe After-Party




- March 14, 2012, Wednesday.

- Many from the theater group had been too excited for this day to come, since we'd be able to be gathered together as the big family that we all were during practices. The play's (Jane Doe's Mask) after-party was held today, on the last day of the students' exams, at one of the Celadon Residences' function room.

- While it quite bothered me that it was held on a Wednesday, and because I'd still have work tomorrow, it mattered more to me to see and be with these talented young people for a gathering - even when it means I'd be more tired than usual after I get home. Yes, it was worth it.

- I came to Celadon at quarter past six, after a long day at work and getting a teeny bit lost in search for the function room. The students just started to play their games, in order to build up their appetite for the buffet. I joined along, since, well, I wanted to be with them as much as I like documenting them.

- Mrs. Ong, Ms. Nica Isip, my friend Clarizza, and Mrs. Brown came later to join us. It was a running gag throughout the night for Clarizza to be paired up with me, since we were already friends since high school. We gave in to the students' request in one game. (Our balloon failed on us, so we were the last pair to finish the game. HAHA.)

- We later had dinner, and I thought the food was great, and from what I know, not too expensive as well. Camille, the emcee for the night, was also the organizer of this get-together/after-party.

- Right after dinner, special awards were given out, and my buddy Singson go the most awards. What can I say, the guy's great.

- They tried to attempt another game after dinner, but I guess people were too sluggish to move after that feast. After a failed attempt to a sort of Simon-says game, Ms. Isip just asked people to dance the night away.

- We ended the event at 9:10, a bit past as scheduled, and I hitched a ride with Ian, as well as a lot of other people. Good thing Ian's my neighbor. HAHA.

- The long ride ended with Singson dropping by my house while waiting for his sister to fetch him. He finally saw my house. HAHA. I'm really glad I was able to go to the after-party today. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.



** Note: I wore my Indian kurta today to the event since I came the on behalf of the original Ramayana cast. :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment