Saturday, March 10, 2012

The New Mall In Town: Lucky Chinatown Mall With The Koreanophiles




- March 10, 2012, Saturday.

- The other day, my friend Melissa invited me to go to the new Lucky Chinatown Mall together with another friend, Margarette. They wanted to check out the mall, fondly compared to Chinatown's Greenbelt, as it was an upscale, target the upper economic classes of Chinatown.

- I went to Melissa's house at around 1:30, and found out that Margarette had arrived before I did. Margarette and I waited for Melissa to finish her forever-long bath, before we headed to Lucky Chinatown Mall an hour and a half later.

- Many stores were still closed at Lucky Chinatown Mall, but I could already see what it may look like when all the stores are all opened. I was too excited to see Toy Kingdom inside; I'm always excited to see Toy Kingdom even if I won't be buying anything there. (Oh childhood.)

- I was also surprised to see a Lyric and Casio branch there. At least it'd be more convenient to purchase music-related items. (I hope they sell violin strings.)

- The three of us ate at Max's later, and of course, with Marga and Melissa together, the two talked non-stop about the K-Pop world. Melissa's hair curled more, the more she laughed about the most obscure things about K-Pop. Other than that, Marga and I tried to teach her Korean words and phrases that Melissa swore she would never be able to get. I think it's just one of the language beginner's syndrome.

- We went home after buying a few grocery items, and Melissa, again, refused to let us go. Marga had to attend something, and I had to do stuff at home. Oh well, Melissa and I will meet again tomorrow for out reunion meeting anyway. Haha. As for the mall, I can't comment a lot about it yet; I need to visit it again once all/most of the stores have opened. However, I can only say one thing: I can not spend a lot of time in Lucky Chinatown Mall, because I will say hi to someone I know every five to ten steps. I'm not kidding. (Just today I said hello to a lot of people I knew, considering there weren't a lot of people there this afternoon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment