Friday, March 2, 2012

Japanese Photoshoot with my Lovely Neighbor




- March 2, 2012, Friday.

- After a tiring day at work, and a destressing afternoon-to-evening with some theater people, I decided to have an after-dinner photoshoot with my neighbor, since I needed to take better photos of me wearing my kimono, haori (jacket,) geta (sandals,) obi, and yukata.

- It was a deal between me and the vendor that I would send him pictures of me wearing the stuff I bought. I wanted this shoot to be done asap, so I won't have to worry about this in the future. Gladly, my awesome neighbor Charmaine was willing to help me out.

- Charmaine came here around 9, and helped me set up. She took pictures of me, and as a reward, I let her try out the yukata I bought. She was able to fit the geta the other day too.

- I loved the natural afternoon sunlight from last week's informal photoshoot, but the background with my cabinet or door didn't seem nice, so I decided to do this white-cloth-background photoshoot.

- We ended the photoshoot around 10pm, right after I neatly folded my Japanese costumes. I recently learned how to fold a yukata and a kimono properly. Haha. :D:D:D:D

4 comments:

  1. The haori is a traditional Japanese jacket that has been around for centuries. It is usually made of silk, wool or cotton and features long sleeves and an open front. Worn by both men and women, the haori was originally designed as a form of protection from the elements.

    ReplyDelete