Friday, May 18, 2012

Endless Love (for Korean Food): Korean Buffet Night




- May 18, 2012, Saturday.

- My friends, Dorenett and Christiane, and I wanted to meet up again. As always, it was hard thinking of places to go to, since we feel like we had eaten everywhere within the Manila area; we didn't feel too adventurous this time, and opted to go somewhere nearer. I thought of Choice Korean Buffet, since I was craving for Korean food, and the price was very reasonably for a buffet restaurant (580 per person, bottomless drinks included.) Later on, we discovered that Christiane was craving for Korean food since January this year, and it was only tonight that she was able to indulge in Korean food again.

- I arrived at Dorenett's house at 5 in the afternoon, with Christiane arriving a minute after I did. We were asked to wait at the office area, where we saw a now-big Dione (she was a baby when I last saw her,) and her little sister Wreane. It's the first time that Christiane and I saw Wreane. Wreane doesn't do much, but she's adorable. Dione is now very hyper, and she doesn't cry anymore when I approach her.

- Dor, Christiane, and I left the house moments later, and arrived at the restaurant at an early 5:50. The restaurant opens for dinner at 5:30 to 11:00pm, and at 11:00am to 2:30pm for lunch. Since we arrived while the sun was still up, we all had a more leisurely trip around the buffet table, while not a lot of customers had arrived.

- Both Christiane and Dorenet loved the kamote slices the best among all the things that we grilled. I don't really know why, but they just couldn't stop getting kamote slices - even if the samsyupsal and all the other grillables seemed to be the "specialties" of the restaurant.

- Overall, we had a total of around 9 plates to 12 plates of food. Although full, and tired, we didn't skip our ice cream dessert.The weather was too hot, despite an short and unnoticeable rain visit.

- We paid the bill soon, and walked around the area before getting in Christiane's car for a long drive home. Traffic was bad, but it gave us more time to talk (and abuse Christiane's car air conditioning system.) Until now, I still want to roll on ice because of the weather, and the sluggishness from too much food. Why not roll on Korea's winter ice then?? That seems to be a good idea. :>:>:>:>

No comments:

Post a Comment